Split handling fee from shipping

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
We'd like to split the handling fees from the shipping fee. For example the post office charges S to ship something but it costs us H for packaging and labor. We'd like to charge S + H for shipping.

Is it possible to combine two different shipping methods to get this result?
13 years ago
I agree. It could be done the same way as payment option (additional fee...).
13 years ago
You can actually do this. I was a little fast. You define it in Product Variant (additional shipping price)

Btw. It is not too difficult to combine it. you could simply modify an existing configuration for a shipping option. I think it's a good idea to make this option still - because most of the time you would have a standard handling for all your products in store

As I said you could modify the shipping rate computation method you use to fit your need. I believe the biggest task would be to display two seperate amounts for the customer (right now ShippingOption only have "rate" as a property.)

But if you don't have to show 2 seperate amounts to the customer, you can simply modify the "rate" computation to fit your needs...

Chris
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.