SUGGESTION: Product Specifications Expansion

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi there,

I've seen similar issues with specification attributes and product specifications touched on but I don't think that it's really gone into detail with what could be done with it.

I think that product specifications can't be limited to a list of possible values like they are now. The idea of units of measurement has been suggested but I think we need to go a few steps further. For example if I have 1000 products that all use the specification "Overall Length" and they vary by tenths of an inch, that could mean lots of options being added to the specification. I personally don't want to add a new specification value in one section, then have to go back to the product and select it for use for every product. The product variant attributes and checkout attributes have a selectable control type such as drop down list, check box, etc. I think we need to do this for product specifications as well.

This is more of an admin convenience but could also save lots of time.

I'm thinking that drop down list behaves the same as specifications operate now, checkbox sets a specification as true or false, and textbox allows for a custom entered value of anything (easier for measurements).

If I'm doing things the hard way and overlooked something with this, please enlighten me. But as far as I've explored options and code, this is not implemented.

Thanks for your time.
13 years ago
With this extension you can define product specifications at product level:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/164/product-specification-value-mod.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.