Please help me adding one product in various categories.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hello
We have a website on which we want to sell sarees(An indian female wear). So we want our users to select any saree based on the following preferences:
   1.Based on Fabric: Ex:Silk,Cotton, etc.
   2.Based on Price range: Ex:Between $100-$200, $200-$300 and so on
   3.Based on Occasion: That is: Festival, Casual, Party wear, etc.
   4.Based on Color
   5.Based on shipment timings: Ready to be shipped; To be shipped within 15 days, etc.

So I want to create a main master page where, whenever I add a product it should directly be added to different categories based on its features.

Example:A red colored, silk, party wear saree which is ready to be shipped and is of $250 should automatically be added in the respective sub-categories. How to do this?

Please help.
I am not from a technical background.

Thanks in advance.
13 years ago
piya wrote:
Hello
We have a website on which we want to sell sarees(An indian female wear). So we want our users to select any saree based on the following preferences:
   1.Based on Fabric: Ex:Silk,Cotton, etc.
   2.Based on Price range: Ex:Between $100-$200, $200-$300 and so on
   3.Based on Occasion: That is: Festival, Casual, Party wear, etc.
   4.Based on Color
   5.Based on shipment timings: Ready to be shipped; To be shipped within 15 days, etc.

So I want to create a main master page where, whenever I add a product it should directly be added to different categories based on its features.

Example:A red colored, silk, party wear saree which is ready to be shipped and is of $250 should automatically be added in the respective sub-categories. How to do this?

Please help.
I am not from a technical background.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe instead of categorization you want to consider Specification Attributes and let the customer use Advanced Search or Filter to locate the product acording to his/her requirements. This will work if Specifications 1 to 5 can only have one value each. i. e. one colour, one fabric, one ocassion, etc.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.