NopCommerce integration with Orchard Project

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

I'm working as a tech. manager in a software company (with 60+ .net developers) offering e-commerce and website solutions with Microsoft technologies.

We used to write custom CMS admin section for each website project with a framework we developed.
Now completely moved to Orchard platform, which has a great architecture. We're making every custom functionality as Orchard modules, so it's a snap to upgrade Orchard once new version is released. We're very satisfied with the CMS.

But on E-Commerce sites there is still huge need for an integrated platform. We're using Aspdotnetstorefront and used to work with AbleCommerce before. The code quality is not comparable with new frameworks, so we would like to move out to a new platform.
Having native Orchard integration will be a great asset for us in our decision.

There should be a way to make all great functionalities of Nopcommerce be working with Orchard.

Best regards
Gokhan
12 years ago
Hi:
I am indeed now in the same situation. We have settled on orchard for the cms portion of our website--maily due to the development potential of this product. I can see that NopCommerce would provide us with a nice e-commerce system, if this was integrated.
I am going to start some work on this, if anybody else wants to help let me know--I'm currently using the 2.30 source and orchard v1.3 but I'll be moving to 1.4 when it is released.
is there a specific branch I can fork that contains the released 2.30 code on the codeplex repository if this gets enough interest?
Cheers
SEan.
11 years ago
Have you made any progress with this?
Orchard and nopCommerce would be perfect.
11 years ago
ddepass wrote:

na I went purely NOP. Its not as CMS friendly (with modules, layers etc) BUT it works like a dream:

http://www.OchTees.com

Cody
11 years ago
ddepass wrote:

http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/9753:
[AM] Previously this task was suggested as "Integrate existing CMS, like Umbraco or Orchard", but I renamed it to "Better CMS support" (to keep user votes, the idea is the same). Anyway nopCommerce won't be officially integrate with any CMS. Who will maintain it once it's done? nopCommrce should not depend on any third-party CMS.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.