new text panel on homepage

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I would like another text block on the home page much like the welcome text but under the catagories in the main column.  I have little experiance with the mske up of the site and have spent hours looking around to try and work it out but have come up with nothing.  Can someone give me some instruction?

Dan
13 years ago
reddan wrote:
Hi,

I would like another text block on the home page much like the welcome text but under the catagories in the main column.  I have little experiance with the mske up of the site and have spent hours looking around to try and work it out but have come up with nothing.  Can someone give me some instruction?

Dan

Add text in the Description of each category Administration>Catalog>Categories>Edit (category)
13 years ago
sorry I don't mean as part of the catagories.  I would like a block of text that I can change as a topic that appears under where the catagories are displayed in the place of the news section.

Dan
13 years ago
Hi,

in admin, create a new topic - give it a system name
eg  MyNewTopic

open default.aspx

add the topic eg

<nopCommerce:Topic ID="topicHomePageText" runat="server" TopicName="MyNewTopic" OverrideSEO="false"></nopCommerce:Topic>
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.