Import Excel and replace current produts

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

Im having a lot of products and what I need help on with is to Export all my products to Excel, update the price in excel, and import it back in and replace the current product with the new price updated in excel.

Is this possible? What happen now is when I import the same excel I exported earlier, It treats it as new product.

Thanks
13 years ago
The product information update process is done on the bases of SKU which is unique for every product.

Let's say you have 3 products in your database like this

ProductName----ProductPrice-----SKU
Laptop-------------2030------------SK-11
Mouse--------------100------------SK-98
Screen-------------1020----------SK-199

Now you want to update the price of these products, you will import product with same sku but update information (i.e price) like this:

Laptop-------------4000------------SK-11
Mouse--------------150------------SK-98
Screen-------------2500----------SK-199

So excel SKU all the information will be replaced with the updated information in the excel file so no duplicates will be created.
13 years ago
I believe this could be done with a little tweak. During export to excel, export the file with the product ID column and during import, do a checking if column productID exist that update existing product and if does not exist, treat it a a new product.

But question now is , how do I do this, really new to nopCommerce structure and currently I dont have VS2010 for source editing. Still using VS2008.

Help from community is really appreciated.

Thanks
13 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
The product information update process is done on the bases of SKU which is unique for every product.

Let's say you have 3 products in your database like this

Laptop-------------2030------------SK-11
Mouse--------------100------------SK-98
Screen-------------1020----------SK-199

Now you want to update the price of these products, you will import product with same sku but update information (i.e price) like this:

Laptop-------------4000------------SK-11
Mouse--------------150------------SK-98
Screen-------------2500----------SK-199

So excel SKU all the information will be replaced with the updated information in the excel file so no duplicates will be created.

Ahaaa...so SKU is the the unique key for this...cool, will try it now.
13 years ago
what are the mandatory field when importing excel files?

I see there a a lot of column which is not required during export/import.

The thing I will be updating always is only price.
11 years ago
The Primary Things i require to update is

Price
  Small Description
  Full Description
  Weights
  Quantity

Pls tell Me how To  Acheive this...
11 years ago
Export your products to Excel (Admin > Catalog > Products > Manage Products > Export to Excel (button) )
Update the fields you want
Import back in.

You must have a SKU on your products to do the import and match existing products.  Without a SKU, it will create a new product.

See what I wrote here for more info on required / not-required fields
11 years ago
Thanks a Ton,

Your Solution Proved to be Ultra Useful,

This Feature of nopCommerce Proved to be an asset,

I was nearly Fired from my Job, Because of the Product Duplicates,

Thank You Once Again,

my nopCommerce Store

http://http://shaze.in/shop-on-shaze

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5863/superbinternetaicopycop.png
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.