Case sensitive problem in file names

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi everybody! I am having problems after my installation, the main page are showing correct, the problem begins when i try to go to another page by clicking on a link, the page name from the link are in lowercase but all the file in the web server begins with an uppercase so it does not find the file:

Example: /ContactUs.aspx  is the filename and the link goes /contactus.aspx   so the server can't find the file.

I made a test changing the filename directly from the URL and in this case the page are showing correct.

Does anyone have an idea whats is going on??? I think it could be from the server configuration but i don't access to manipulate it 'cause is a shared hosting.

Thanks in advance!
13 years ago
Hi, i have found the answear, the problem was solved by adding a line to the .htaccess file in the public folder, i had to add this:

CaseInsensitive On

The hosting provider that i am with use Case Sensitive on their configuration servers, so this is the way to solve the problem.

After doing this i had another problem with some URL but i solved this by disable  "URL rewriting" on the administration panel, to be honestly i don't know what is this for really well, i think is for SEO purpose but i'm not sure.

Hope it helps any of you!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.