Maintain Scroll Position on page in Web Config file

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Could someone please explain exactly where the following statement should be added to the nopcommerce web config file?

<pages maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="true" />

I have added it to the  </appSettings><system.web> section but I get a config error when I run it.  If I comment it out nopcommerce runs fine.

The error is:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

Module  IIS Web Core
Notification  BeginRequest
Handler  Not yet determined
Error Code  0x800700b7
Config Error  Config section 'system.web/pages' already defined. Sections must only appear once per config file. See the help topic <location> for exceptions
Config File  \\?\C:\inetpub\wwwroot\ESCPDublin\NopCommerceStore\web.config

61:     </siteMap>
62:     <pages theme="DarkOrange" validateRequest="false" controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5"  clientIDMode="AutoID">
63:       <namespaces>

Thank You.
13 years ago
chorse wrote:
I have added it to the  </appSettings><system.web> section but I get a config error when I run it.

Config Error  Config section 'system.web/pages' already defined. Sections must only appear once per config file.

See the underlined message above.

Just find an existing <pages> section and add 'maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack' element to it
13 years ago
@a.m:  Thanks a lot.  That worked great.  It was not clear that all I had to do is append it to the existing <page "xxxx"> string below:

<pages theme="DarkOrange" validateRequest="false" controlRenderingCompatibilityVersion="3.5"  clientIDMode="AutoID" maintainScrollPositionOnPostBack="true">

Now, does anyone know of a similar command that will work on the Firefox browser as well?  This command only seems to work only on I.E...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.