Getting the ProductID

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi,

I have finally managed to get the front page on my site how i want it, but for the life of me cannot get the the products shown on the home page into there seperate categories, like so:

cat1 4 products in a row

cat2 4 products in a row

as you can see in this photo http://www.gt-trading.co.uk i have tried to pull the categoryId's in the codebehind but cannot get it to work, is there any way of doing this.
12 years ago
I would create a user control called "CategoryProducts", then in the homepage, add a <asp:Repeater />, bind your categories to it, and within the itemtemplate of the repeater, set Category="<%# ((Category)Container.DataItem) %>"

I am assuming you have little knowledge of Asp.net, did this help?
12 years ago
theonlylawislove wrote:
I would create a user control called "CategoryProducts", then in the homepage, add a <asp:Repeater />, bind your categories to it, and within the itemtemplate of the repeater, set Category="<%# ((Category)Container.DataItem) %>"

I am assuming you have little knowledge of Asp.net, did this help?

Hi theonlywayislove,

Thank you for the reply, i do have some knowledge of asp.net but is verion 2.0 and haven't done any coding or refreshed my skills since 2007.

To give a bit more of an idea on what i would like to achive is what this website has done:

http://www.zavvi.com/home.dept

as you can see they have categories, DVD, Games etc with four products in a row, i have created four user controls for each category but i am having difficulty in pulling the exact products for each product in that row.

I have hardcoded the four user controls to display the products and the customer can click on the image and be directed to the subcategory page, but it's not data bound so the title link does not work and is just a label, no add to cart button or price from db.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.