Configuring Pickup with nopCommerce 3,80

1 2 >
Posted: August 07, 2016 at 10:13 PM Quote #172977
I am trying to setup the Local pickup option to see if this is enough for using this as both an on-line and point of sale option to control my inventory.

My issue, is that I can't figure out how to set it up.

I've enabled the "Configuration"->Settings->Shipping Settings->"Pick Up in Store" enabled

I have added the pickup provider and set it up and actived it at "Configuration"->Shipping->Pickup point providers

But when I go in the Store view, I can't see the option to use pickup on shipping.
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: August 08, 2016 at 6:06 AM Quote #173021
Aljovin wrote:
I am trying to setup the Local pickup option to see if this is enough for using this as both an on-line and point of sale option to control my inventory.

My issue, is that I can't figure out how to set it up.

I've enabled the "Configuration"->Settings->Shipping Settings->"Pick Up in Store" enabled

I have added the pickup provider and set it up and actived it at "Configuration"->Shipping->Pickup point providers

But when I go in the Store view, I can't see the option to use pickup on shipping.

Hi,
What exactly do you does not work?
Please show how your page looks delivery.
By default, it would be:

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Best Regards,
Dmitry
Posted: May 22, 2017 at 11:36 PM Quote #188111
wtf.  this is dumb, if someone picks billing same as shipping address, shipping address is skipped and you don't even get that checkbox.  makes 0 sense.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 11:54 PM Quote #188113
What doesn't make sense?  if someone picks billing same as shipping address, then they would not be doing a "pickup in store".

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

www.noptools.com
Posted: August 09, 2017 at 8:26 AM Quote #191097
Either enter a new shipping address or set it the same as billing. Setting it the same as billing, which is very often the case, bypasses the pickup in store option. To get that option, the function set shipping same as billing has to be disabled. It would be better to set the local pick up option on the billing address so that if set then skip asking about the shipping address.

In the end though, in my case, I want to show all of the options including local pickup. Some customers need to see the pricing before making the decision. Which could be done in the estimate shipping, but then not all of the options are shown during checkout.

I would think that setting a shipping address should be de-coupled from selecting a shipping option.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: August 09, 2017 at 11:09 PM Quote #191114
RE: " show all of the options including local pickup."

You can disable the 'pickup in store' feature, and create your own 'pickup in store' shipping method (and use provider FixedOrByWeight to display it).

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

www.noptools.com
Posted: August 15, 2017 at 10:55 AM Quote #191371
New York: what a truly smart idea to create my own method! Thank you very much. Worked better than a charm :)

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: June 12, 2019 at 10:26 AM Quote #237587
Hi,

I meet the same problem. Would you like to explain more how to setup it? Thanks.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: June 12, 2019 at 1:40 PM Quote #237616
KelvinChan wrote:
Hi,

I meet the same problem. Would you like to explain more how to setup it? Thanks.

Are you referring to "use provider FixedOrByWeight..."?
What shipping provider / plugins are you using now?

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

www.noptools.com
Posted: June 14, 2019 at 4:31 AM Quote #237795
Yes, I am using this plugin.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

1 2 >
Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.