The 5th annual nopCommerce conference will take place in India on the 10th-11th of October. Please find more about this event here

Average customer rating

Posted: January 06, 2017 at 12:12 PM Quote #181124
It would be a nice feature to show the average customer rating for products. Like what Amazon and other shopping websites have. Also, the feature of having questions and answers per product would be very nice!
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Have no fear of perfection, you will never reach it.
Posted: January 06, 2017 at 1:11 PM Quote #181129
gyventi wrote:
It would be a nice feature to show the average customer rating for products. Like what Amazon and other shopping websites have.

Doesn't the star rating on the product page already indicate the average rating?

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Regards, Pete.
Posted: January 06, 2017 at 1:40 PM Quote #181132
I see. Wow, I have been designing shopping websites for almost 2 decades and missed it. I either need more coffee or I am used to the industry standard look and feel of star ratings.

I think it needs to mention something there right next to the stars - not under. I would add a drop down like the one on Amazon and eBay that actually shows the breakdown and the actual rating ex: 3.9 out of 5 stars. Also hovering or clicking on the stars does nothing. I would either do what Amazon and eBay do or something similar upon mouse over.

I also would like to know if there is any weight to "Was this review helpful?" Any idea if that affects the rating average or not? I only tried it on a product with two reviews and thumbed down a five star review, which had no effect.

Lastly, Verified Reviews from people who actually bought the items should be implemented.

What do you guys think?

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Have no fear of perfection, you will never reach it.
Posted: September 05, 2019 at 7:08 AM Quote #245722
Hi gyventi

Hope you are well, just came across your post, just wondered if you managed to find a solution to your issue, I would also like to show the breakdown of the review ratings, like Amazon and eBay?

Many thanks

Nick

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: September 09, 2019 at 4:27 AM Quote #245981
Answering my own question, here, but this newly released plugin should do the trick  https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/5828/ratings-reviews-scorecard.aspx just need a version for 4.0

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: September 09, 2019 at 6:02 AM Quote #245990
nclamb wrote:
Answering my own question, here, but this newly released plugin should do the trick  https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/5828/ratings-reviews-scorecard.aspx just need a version for 4.0

4.0 included now.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Jaber Kibria
Software Engineer | nop-station.com
Email: [email protected]
----------------------------------------------------------------
Expertise in .NET Framework, Algolia, Plugins, Themes, Customization, Upgrade, API

Please upvote if it helps.
Posted: September 09, 2019 at 8:36 AM Quote #246002
Excellent work, well done :-)

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: September 09, 2019 at 8:48 AM Quote #246004
Enjoy :)

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Jaber Kibria
Software Engineer | nop-station.com
Email: [email protected]
----------------------------------------------------------------
Expertise in .NET Framework, Algolia, Plugins, Themes, Customization, Upgrade, API

Please upvote if it helps.
Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.
eCommerce CONFERENCE 2019
Learn more