The 5th annual nopCommerce conference will take place in India on the 10th-11th of October. Please find more about this event here

"You already have version '1.60'"

Posted: June 03, 2010 at 11:18 AM Quote #18652
Hi
I installed the new 1.60 yesterday, all fine.
However due to the email received today regarding bugs I downloaded the new version of 1.60.
I copied the files into the folder as before and when I go to my site I automatically get directed to the install page (I presume this is natural behaviour, it always does it after copying files in).
When I run the upgrade I get told "You already have version '1.60'" so I think fine, I don't need to update the database but I can't run my site without it going to the install page, even I specify /default.aspx it redirects to the install.
So what happens after a successful install that stops this happening so I can fool it or something?  Or did I do wrong?!

Thanks
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: June 03, 2010 at 11:21 AM Quote #18654
No changes were made to the database. Just copy your old ConnectionString.config file into your new downloaded solution

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Interested in the dedicated Premium support services provided by core developers? Please visit http://www.nopcommerce.com/supportservices.aspx

Regards,
Andrei Mazulnitsyn
Posted: June 03, 2010 at 11:25 AM Quote #18655
thanks, I didn't bother backing up as I only just downloaded nopCommerce last week and am just playing and testing so far and was quite happy for it to overwrite.  I guess I can connect to another test database to get the connection strings again if I have to.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: June 03, 2010 at 7:39 PM Quote #18689
i dont have my old connection string....now what ?

please help......

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: June 04, 2010 at 1:24 AM Quote #18707
Add the following xml to your ConnectionStrings.config

<connectionStrings>
    <add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=your_server;Initial Catalog=your_database;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=your_username;Password=your_password;Connect Timeout=120" />
</connectionStrings>

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Interested in the dedicated Premium support services provided by core developers? Please visit http://www.nopcommerce.com/supportservices.aspx

Regards,
Andrei Mazulnitsyn
Posted: June 04, 2010 at 10:14 AM Quote #18755
Hi Andrei,

i entered the script...however i still receive "You already have version '1.60'".....

Therefore i am not able to use my store....can you suggest anything else?

Kind regards
Miroslav

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: June 04, 2010 at 10:37 AM Quote #18759
by the way, just for closure from my original post, I added the connection strings and mine now works fine thank you, it no longer calls the install page when I go to my site, although I presume it would still give the same message if I did go there.
Thanks.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: June 04, 2010 at 8:29 PM Quote #18786
sorry guys...the script worked...all i had to do is refresh my browswer.....silly me....thanks.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.