Admin Bulk Insert bug/flaw

Posted: July 17, 2017 at 7:31 AM Quote #190155
Let's say you're running a store with Home Appliances.  And you want to create a few categories.  Washers, Dryers, Refrigerators, Ovens, etc...  And within each category, you want to allow users to filter by brand.  So you create a sub-category for Kenmore, Whirlpool, Samsung, etc... within each category.

Now, when I go to bulk load, for the category I put in Kenmore.

The problem is, there's no way to tell WHICH Kenmore category I want it in.  And it doesn't go by SKU, because I have them as wash_ken_0001 or oven_sams_0001 so that each SKU is indeed unique.

I discovered this by exporting a list using the Export functionality, and then when I imported some data using the same category that exported, it imported into Kenwood Washers instead of Kenwood Ovens.

My assumption is that this is a flaw, and it's probably not one everyone would encounter because not everyone would have a store set up that way.  But I figured I'd mention it because it'd be nice to have it work properly.

For now, I have to go back in through the Admin panel and edit the entries and manually pick which category it belongs to.
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: July 17, 2017 at 11:15 PM Quote #190176
Thanks a lot! This is a known issue. Please find a work item here

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Join us at nopCommerce Days. Nov 16-17, New York. http://days17.nopcommerce.com/

Interested in the dedicated Premium support services provided by core developers? Please visit http://www.nopcommerce.com/supportservices.aspx

Regards,
Andrei Mazulnitsyn
Posted: September 28, 2017 at 7:41 AM Quote #193741
This problem is solved. Please see this commit for more details

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.