step 3 of the upgrade to 1.6

Posted: June 20, 2010 at 5:11 AM Quote #19787
I did the upgrade on a version on a local server and it worked fine but i haven been able to get it to work when uploading to softsyshosting. this is the error i keep getting

The installer couldn't update the ConnectionStrings.config file on your server. This may be caused by limited file system permissions. Please open your ConnectionStrings.config file manually in Notepad and add the following line inside the <connectionStrings></connectionStrings>:

<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=SOFTSERV9;Initial Catalog=photoball1;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=;Password=;Connect Timeout=120"/>

everytime i edit the connectionstrings file i keep getting this error.

i did the upgrade as per the instructions, the permissions are set to everyone, the only thing i can think of is how do i setup iis if necessary.

any help would be grateful recieved. this is the last step to putting up my website.

finally after 6 months
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: June 20, 2010 at 5:25 AM Quote #19788
insert your connection string manually into connectionstring.config

then upload the connectionstring.config file to your hosted account

EG
<connectionStrings>

<add name="NopSqlConnection" connectionString="Data Source=THISWILLPROBABLYBEAN-IP-ADDRESS;Initial Catalog=YOURDATABASENAME;Integrated Security=False;Persist Security Info=False;User ID=YOURUSERNAME;Password=YOURPASSWORD;Connect Timeout=120"/>

</connectionStrings>

If you had this running on a local machine already, you may already have a connection string to your local database in  connectionstrings.config - you should delete this

If you have any issues, contact softsys support - they are quick and helpful

:)

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: June 20, 2010 at 4:06 PM Quote #19804
Not a good idea to post actual connection strings on a public site (unless you wish to get hacked).

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.