The 5th annual nopCommerce conference will take place in India on the 10th-11th of October. Please find more about this event here

Scary log entries

Posted: October 25, 2017 at 8:21 AM Quote #195191
I am noticing that when an order is placed. A log entry with level of "Debug" is entered. Short name is "Processing.." and the full message looks to have CC info in plain text.  What should I do?
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: October 25, 2017 at 1:01 PM Quote #195208
vbdoug wrote:
I am noticing that when an order is placed. A log entry with level of "Debug" is entered. Short name is "Processing.." and the full message looks to have CC info in plain text.  What should I do?

Are you certain the log message contains literal card numbers or could it be payment tokens?  

Which payment processor are you using? Try placing a test order using a different payment processor to see if that's where it's logging from.  

In the case that your system is compromised you should notify all potentially impacted users as well as your hosting provider and contact a web development firm to do an analysis on your code-base.

Best of luck!

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

- Adam K
www.aperturelabs.biz
Posted: October 25, 2017 at 1:04 PM Quote #195209
I am using Authorize.net

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: October 31, 2017 at 8:17 AM Quote #195471
Is there anything that will let me see what triggers a log entry?

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.
eCommerce CONFERENCE 2019
Learn more