Feature Request 4.0

Posted: October 27, 2017 at 12:36 AM Quote #195283
Hello Developers!

Perfect product, I am already testing your beta 4 and love the switch to .NetCore (event if it is Standard). A few requests I would love to see in the core product.

Images from Url as opposed to local file. This would be the same for both import files and for attachments. Its usally the first change i make, however given this is beta I would love to keep the product as generic as possible.

Another request is about overriding the startup tasks. The static methods in "Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions" cannot be overriden. Now the reason I bring this up is sharing a cookie between domains requires some special work for <= 4.x MVC services. So it would be nice to override the way the data protection works, the cookie values etc.

Thanks again for the work, I am happy to implement this via a push request if that is more applicable.
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: October 27, 2017 at 1:59 AM Quote #195288
nvanhaaster wrote:
Images from Url as opposed to local file. This would be the same for both import files and for attachments. Its usally the first change i make, however given this is beta I would love to keep the product as generic as possible.

Thanks for suggestion! This work item already existed. But we don't plan to implement it (please see my comment in the work item details)

nvanhaaster wrote:
Another request is about overriding the startup tasks. The static methods in "Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions" cannot be overriden. Now the reason I bring this up is sharing a cookie between domains requires some special work for <= 4.x MVC services. So it would be nice to override the way the data protection works, the cookie values etc.

Thanks again for the work, I am happy to implement this via a push request if that is more applicable.

Sure. Please make a pull request. Let's see your suggested approach
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Join us at nopCommerce Days. Nov 16-17, New York. http://days17.nopcommerce.com/

Interested in the dedicated Premium support services provided by core developers? Please visit http://www.nopcommerce.com/supportservices.aspx

Regards,
Andrei Mazulnitsyn
Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.