How can I use NopCommerce to run a Bed and Breakfast?

Posted: October 11, 2018 at 9:50 AM Quote #213070
I've set up several websites using NopCommerce, and I'm very happy with it. My next business is a Bed and Breakfast and I would like to use NopCommerce as the backbone. Is there a way to integrate a reservation system that would book a half dozen rooms and keep track of the dates and who they are reserved for?

Maybe there is some way to set up a product in the existing code? But I would still need some sort of scheduler to reserve the rooms for specific dates. I also don't want to charge the credit card the full amount until they check out, just a deposit to hold the room. Maybe there is a plugin for this?

Any thoughts? Bed and Breakfasts are exploding here in the states, you would think there would be better options for people with their own websites. I don't want to rely on AirBnB, they charge horrendous fees and can kick you completely out for refusing to book someone with a headscarf. I just don't like them having all the control over my business.
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: October 11, 2018 at 12:23 PM Quote #213074
Not that nopcommerce cant do it, but you may look into Umbraco or a CMS. They have many more scheduling plugins available.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: October 11, 2018 at 3:31 PM Quote #213078
Yes we have done that for one client

This was done in version 1.7 using Full Calendar https://fullcalendar.io/

More info on this pdf http://selectsystems.com.au/Content/Images/uploaded/CalendarBookings.pdf

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

www.SelectSystems.com.au
Select Systems is a computer systems technology solution developer and integration service provider.
Posted: October 11, 2018 at 5:26 PM Quote #213088
Have you got code developed that is ready to integrate as a package? I'd want to use the latest version of nopCommerce. I'm assuming there would be a few new tables.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: October 11, 2018 at 5:36 PM Quote #213089
Not at this stage but I was thinking of building a plugin for v4.1
There is a new table to manage the availabilities and it uses the product attributes plus a few add ons to product
Mostly it is conversion of 1.7 source code / concepts into new version
It would take a few weeks or so to get it up and running

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

www.SelectSystems.com.au
Select Systems is a computer systems technology solution developer and integration service provider.
Posted: October 11, 2018 at 5:39 PM Quote #213090
I've got 2 years before I have to go live, just want to know what direction I'm going with it.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: October 11, 2018 at 5:48 PM Quote #213091
I have not done any reasearch so not sure what other options are available
nopCommerce is a good platform to build on and there is probably is a need for a plugin like that :)

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

www.SelectSystems.com.au
Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.
eCommerce CONFERENCE 2018
Learn more