Embeded videos on Product Pages

Posted: December 03, 2018 at 4:48 AM Quote #216857
Hi there. Can anyone tell me why i can't put embeded videos (or upload a video for that matter and use it) on the Description pages of the products i have on my nopCommerce site. Note that i am using the latest version (4.10) and it is installed on an IIS Server on a Windows Server 2012 Machine. Where im trying to add the embeded videos (from youtube for instance) or upladed them from my local machine is from the administration menu, when i click on Catalog/Products, go to a product i already have created and edit it and try to upload a video, or put an embeded video in the Full Description field, where i have a menu called "insert" where i have these specific options of adding a video. I've tried it multiple times, but without any success. Can anybody tell me what the problem might be for this ? Is it configuration related, or is it something else ? Thanks in advance.
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: December 04, 2018 at 1:05 AM Quote #216880
Hi,

If you want to embed a video from youtube, you can use the <iframe> embeding code. Copy it from YouTube, then go to product page, in the product description field press the "Tools" -> Source code. And paste in the opened window. If you pase it in visual editor, the browser won't read it as HTML, but as a plain text.

In the case of a product description, you are limited to the place where the full description is displayed. With simple widget you have possibility to insert video in different place. You can use the widget zones for it. For example QuickHTML plugin allows you to insert HTML code into any widget zone.

Best,
Patryk

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

nopCommerce Solution Partner
https://www.nop4you.com - The biggest nopCommerce plugins marketplace
https://www.grandnode.com - Free, open source, multi platform e-commerce solution
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nop4you: plugins, themes, widget
Posted: December 04, 2018 at 1:17 AM Quote #216881
I already tried the embeded video from youtube, that is the way i was placing it in the product description like you said - from source view and copy/pasting it in there and before i save it, when i return to normal view i see a iframe with a start button for the youtube video, although i dont see the background image of the video like i normaly should. When i save it after i placed it there just like you said, when i go to the product page of that particular product, where i placed the embeded video it doesn't show or render if you will. And that is why I'm wondering if it has to do with some sort of settings, either on my server or the nopcommerce installation it self...

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.