Publishing to Azure

Posted: March 11, 2019 at 10:24 AM Quote #223906
I have a successful deployment of nopCommerce 4.20 running locally  and I have made some minor changes to the Vies, etc. I now want to deploy to Azure. The webdeploy of Nop.Web from Visual Studio seems to work fine and igf I look at the files on the Azure server they are what I expect, but the site that runs wants to reinstall rather than just run as it does locally.

I must be missing something really simple. please could someone point me in the right direction.
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: March 12, 2019 at 2:36 AM Quote #224920
Hello,

Your published nopCommerce is probably missing the dataSettings.json and installedPlugins.json files from the ~/App_Data directory if it opens the Install page after you publish it to Azure.
I don't think you'll want your published nopCommerce to have those 2 files from your local nopCommerce instance anyway. The dataSettings.json will contain the connection string to your local database and I don't think you want your live store to connect to your local database.

You should rather copy just the installedPlugins.json file to your ~/App_Data directory and create a new dataSettings.json file that will connect to your production database. That is if your production database is restored from a backup of your local database. If not, just install nopCommerce through the Install page.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Anton

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

www.Nop-Templates.com - the best place for nopCommerce themes and plugins

Follow us on
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NopTemplates
Twitter: http://twitter.com/NopTemplates
Blog: http://www.nop-templates.com/blog

www.Nop-Templates.com
nopCommerce Solution Partners
Posted: March 15, 2019 at 7:06 AM Quote #225098
Thanks for your help Anton

the datasettings.json and installedPlugins.json files in App_Data on Azure are correct and point to the production database on a fast2host server but I still just get he install page.

Is it just these two files that tell nopCommerce that there is already a populated database?

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: March 15, 2019 at 4:44 PM Quote #225120
Only datasettings.json stops the install

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

www.SelectSystems.com.au
Select Systems International is a computer systems technology solution developer and integration service provider.
Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.