Upgrade 4.0 to 4.2

Posted: October 09, 2019 at 7:44 AM Quote #248889
Hi Guys
Not a Windows person.
I need a to upgrade my NopCommerce from 4.0 to 4.2. I understand I need to do the backup and so on since it is on EverLeap. I also understand I need to upgrade to 4.1 then 4.2. I got the upgrade files and the no source new version.
I am not sure how to run the upgrade files from where and using what. Could someone direct me to the right help file or guide me trough this?
Thanks
Ben
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: October 09, 2019 at 7:55 AM Quote #248890
Hi,
You'll require Sql Server Management Studio to connect to your database. The database information will be available in the App_Data directory of your nopCommerce installation.

Once you are connected, open the scripts one by one in order (4.1 -> 4.2) and click Execute at the top in the toolbar.

If every script runs successfully, your db is upgraded now.

Cheers.
Anshul

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

nopCommerce enthusiasts since 3.10
nopCommerce themes & plugins available @ https://www.roastedbytes.com
Posted: October 09, 2019 at 3:34 PM Quote #248911
Thanks for your reply, Appreciated. I will try this tonight. That said will keep this topic open and let you know how I go. Since I never done this before, I might need further help.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.