The 5th annual nopCommerce conference will take place in India on the 10th-11th of October. Please find more about this event here

Create Additional Admin Account

Posted: January 03, 2011 at 10:30 PM Quote #32914
Is there a way to create more admin accounts in NopCommerce?

Thanks
This post/answer is useful
This post/answer is not useful

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

(click on this box to dismiss)
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 1:43 AM Quote #32918
Go to admin area > Customers > Manage Customers. Ensure that 'Is administrator' is checked while adding/editing a customer account

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Interested in the dedicated Premium support services provided by core developers? Please visit http://www.nopcommerce.com/supportservices.aspx

Regards,
Andrei Mazulnitsyn
Posted: January 04, 2011 at 6:40 PM Quote #32979
Why a customer would be an Admin?
For example the [email protected] is not an Customer account...
I want similar account with different userid and pwd.

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: January 05, 2011 at 12:23 AM Quote #32993
[email protected] is an Customer account

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Interested in the dedicated Premium support services provided by core developers? Please visit http://www.nopcommerce.com/supportservices.aspx

Regards,
Andrei Mazulnitsyn
Posted: January 05, 2011 at 7:09 PM Quote #33049
Got it. Thanks.

I have also seen that there are 4 different roles while setting up a customer. Can u tell me how they are differnt from each other?

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: January 06, 2011 at 1:07 AM Quote #33061
There's no any difference. It's just a sample data. These roles don't make any sense until you want to configure ACL, discounts/prices per customer role, etc

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Regards,
Andrei Mazulnitsyn
Posted: November 04, 2018 at 8:56 AM Quote #213939
Hello

Ok so i have been having this problem as well, and after creating a new admin with my gmail i was locked out of my admin.
I did not change the password just the email, the site will accept my email but not any password i try, The forgot password function is not working, as no reset password email is ever sent to my gmail account.
I have tried working out how to fix this via the database but i don't have a clue what i am doing.

It is very frustrating as it seems there is no way to create a secure login with my gmail account to admin as i am forced to use the default admin account details, that is really not very secure at all.

Please how can i create a new admin login without being locked out, and then delete the default account details and still be able to log into the admin.

Apart from this one login problem i have nopCommerce is awesome and has loads of cool features.

Any help would be amazing Thank you

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Posted: November 05, 2018 at 7:49 AM Quote #213958
See this post about using SQL to give a user Admin access (by giving them the Admin role)

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/39961/reset-or-recover-admin-password-ver-36.aspx

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

www.noptools.com
Posted: November 05, 2018 at 9:56 AM Quote #213971
Thank you

Please login or register
to vote for this post.

Premium support services
  • Dedicated premium support services provided by core developers are intended for persons who run mission critical websites, work on projects with tight deadlines, or want to get dedicated support.
Professional services
  • Want to open a new store? Want to take your store to the next level? Need a custom extension? We can customize nopCommerce to fit your store perfectly. Request a quote to get started.
eCommerce CONFERENCE 2019
Learn more