Support for clothing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I don't speak english very well.

I would to say if in nopcommerce i can configure a product (for example a shirt) that have a join with another product (a shirt of the same model but different color).
The join is made between a list in product detail where the user can select another color for the same shirt model.

Another question: may i configure the availability of a product based on an attribute?
For example: for the nike air shoes i have 1 piece of size 44 and 4 pieces of size 42.

Thank you very much.
Brian
12 years ago
justletmedownload wrote:
I don't speak english very well.

I would to say if in nopcommerce i can configure a product (for example a shirt) that have a join with another product (a shirt of the same model but different color).
The join is made between a list in product detail where the user can select another color for the same shirt model.

Another question: may i configure the availability of a product based on an attribute?
For example: for the nike air shoes i have 1 piece of size 44 and 4 pieces of size 42.

Thank you very much.
Brian

Question 1 - You can use attributes

Questions 2 - No, you cannot track products stock other than buy SKU code not buy Size attributes

Hope this helps

Rob
12 years ago
xxrobrsvxx wrote:

Questions 2 - No, you cannot track products stock other than buy SKU code not buy Size attributes

Hi Rob:

Stock can be managed in product variant attribute combinations. Check in demo admin:
http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/administration/ProductVariantDetails.aspx?ProductVariantID=58

In Product Variant Info tab you have to set: Manage Stock: Track inventory for this variant by product attributes  
Then in >>Product Variant Attributes tab >>Atributtes Combination you can assign the coresponding stock for each combination
12 years ago
Thanks a lot, now I am going to try
12 years ago
eadameg wrote:

Hi Rob:

Stock can be managed in product variant attribute combinations. Check in demo admin:
http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/administration/ProductVariantDetails.aspx?ProductVariantID=58

In Product Variant Info tab you have to set: Manage Stock: Track inventory for this variant by product attributes  
Then in >>Product Variant Attributes tab >>Atributtes Combination you can assign the coresponding stock for each combination

Oh, yes, so you can, I've never used Combination attributes before, only ever single attributes! to be honest the Day someone comes up with a proper solution for Clothing Stores "Out of the Box" will be the day I'm a happy man.

I've currently got a customer with 4k of clothing products, but, 40k of combination of those 4k clothing lines ranging from child sizes with no VAT to Adult sizes with VAT

1 of the products has 12 Colours and 10 sizes = 120 Combinations ;(
The colour ranges also change from product to product.

How do others tend to manged uploading or copying of Products and Attributes in bulk.

I'm never sure what's the best way to deal with these situation's, or best pratice??

Rob
12 years ago
Hi Rob:
Thats quite a problem. I think NopAdmin will soon add a feature for uploading attributes.
12 years ago
eadameg wrote:
Hi Rob:
Thats quite a problem. I think NopAdmin will soon add a feature for uploading attributes.

It would be fantastic if they did........

Is there currently away of copying a Product and it's Attribute values to a new product, I read somewhere that there used to be but I cannot see away on doing it from the application in version 1.90??

Rob
12 years ago
xxrobrsvxx wrote:
Hi Rob:

It would be fantastic if they did........

Is there currently away of copying a Product and it's Attribute values to a new product, I read somewhere that there used to be but I cannot see away on doing it from the application in version 1.90??

Rob

Yes I missed to mention that. You can create a "template product" with all the attributes (colors (several) and sizes) and then you go to edit it (admin>catalog>product>manage products> edit "template product") and then click on Copy option in menu as many times as you need and then use the copies for your products editing names, prices, etc. and eliminating the colors you dont need
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.