nopCommerce v2.00 BETA released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Congrat.

I just installed nop 2.0 beta on local pc and use sql ce option. And noticed that the performance was not very good when viewing or editing admin site, anybody have the same feeling?

Thanks.
12 years ago
pepper wrote:
is update utility will be available in 2.0 official release because it is very imp ?

It'll be provided with 2.00 RTW version or maybe a bit later. We haven't decided how to ship it (built-in or a separate application)

pepper wrote:
right now there is no paypal express so will it be available in 2.0 official release ?

No. All other payment modules will be available as plugins
12 years ago
the main thing is it will be excellent if this function of upgrade is present with the release of 2.0 official - either option is fine if it is built-in or a separate application.

so when paypal express plugin will be available because who are using paypal express in 1.9 they will not be able to upgrade because of this situation until paypal express plugin is made available ?

plz provide ETA for both options - upgrade and paypal express, if possible
thanks
12 years ago
pepper wrote:
plz provide ETA for both options - upgrade and paypal express, if possible
thanks

Upgrade utility. See answer above.

PayPal Express. I haven't told that nopCommerce team will provide all those payment methods as plugins (but maybe we'll publish some of them). We hope that community will implement and contribute them. Let's make nopCommerce more community driven.

UPDATE: Our main goal is the pluggable framework and core functionality. It'll allow to make nopCommerce more popular. It's quite hard for the team to support such amount of built-in payment modules
12 years ago
thanks for info

just a small question, I see plugin options in 2.0

is it going to matter if anyone install nunmber of plugins in 1 version, will that person will be able to upgrade to 2.1 and so on ? Is additional plugin will make any changes in database ?

I mean in future how upgrade will work, one has to uninstall additional plugins and then upgrade and then once again install plugins ? or no need to uninstall plugins and one will be able to go up in version ?
12 years ago
pepper wrote:
is it going to matter if anyone install nunmber of plugins in 1 version, will that person will be able to upgrade to 2.1 and so on ? Is additional plugin will make any changes in database ?

I mean in future how upgrade will work, one has to uninstall additional plugins and then upgrade and then once again install plugins ? or no need to uninstall plugins and one will be able to go up in version ?

1. Some plugins don't need any database upgrade (all you need to do is to replace old plugin assembly).
2. Some plugins create new tables (such as 'shipping by weight' and 'Tax By Country & State & Zip'). The developers of such plugins will have to create appropriate SQL upgrade scripts (if required)
12 years ago
thank you for info and awesome new 2.0version
12 years ago
It rocks!!!

Congratulation, I still remember when I replied an answer about nopCommerce on StackOverflow in the past I needed to note that it was still ASP.NET (no MVC). Now it's MVC :).
12 years ago
ajhvdb wrote:
If you are new to MVC there is Microsoft tutorial here http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials#ASP.NET%20MVC%20Music%20Store

It will walk you through creating an eCommerce music store. With it you will become familiar with the principles of Model View Controller and Microsoft's implementation with Razor. All things you will need if you are going to tweak v2.0

I guess a lot of people think it's interesting because the link doesn't work for now..wil try again later.

I'm a bit surprised to know this link doesn't work for you, I can't imagine this site can be down :)

BTW, this is the first part of the tutorial: http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/mvc-music-store-part-1, and if you want to take a quick glance at it, I hosted a live demo here: http://www.timua.com/MvcMusicStore
12 years ago
At last page of check, when i click continue button i got a error.

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /common

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.