UPS shipping method

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I’ve trying to config the UPS shipping method, and there are some things that I want to share.

First of all, the module in nopCommerce is checking for the correct setting of base weight and dimension. (lb and inch). But that is not correct. The UPS shipping program is using the unit of measurement of the sending country. E.g. If you are sending from The Netherlands the units are KG,  Meters and Euro’s.  The error message in nopCommerce, if you have your base set on KG and Meters should be turned off.

For those who have the nop-sourcecode (v 1.20): look at line 105 in \Shipping\Nop.Shipping.USPSUSPSComputationMethod.cs and remove the two exceptions.
For those who won’t use the sourcecode. You may download my new dll from http://www.diligente.nl/blog/Shipping.ups.zip

And then the UPS service.  
The program is not working as written in there documentation (Developers guide). If you have set the Customer classification on Occasional or Retail the error you will get is ‘Unsupported Pickup Type’. So set you classification on Wholesale. Than you can use for example the ‘Customer Counter’.
14 years ago
Thanks for the tip, I am in Mexico and I use also Kg and Meters, I started to change the UPS Shipping Method, but is easier as you indicate.

I am doing some tests and the option 'RequestOption' with value 'Rate' works correctly, getting just the selected shipping method; but after I tested with value 'Shop' in which is supposed to get all the possible shipping methods and this not work (I still receive only one shipping method). I don't know if you already check this.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.