Internal Sever Error: 500

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi Guys,

I am getting the internal server 500 error. My hosting company logged in and changed the web config to web1.config, the app then ran but as compilation error.

Is there anything that I need to change in the web.config to get it going? 1.20 is version and i spank all the requirements for running it.

any ideas, i want to start the application running as its fricking amazing!!!

David.
14 years ago
Update: i tried a couple of other things that this forum suggested (caused the same error) but the work arounds didnt do anything to fix the problem. I am confident that the problem lays within the web.config as when it is disabled the error disappears but in runs into compilation errors - just dont know where to start sorting the web.config to resolve the problem.

any help would appreciated.

also anyone know what the best place to start c#.net is as wouldnt mind tweaking / creating modules for nopCommerce as i think it has a lot to offer. thanks.

Dave.

UKRetrogames.com/shop/ - is where it resides for the moment. :o)
14 years ago
does anyone have a solution for this? need to get the site working and now a friend wants a site too! need to starting looking for alternative soon if i cant get this one resolved.

regards

dave
14 years ago
Hi,

What IIS version are you using? To get the most from nopCommerce you need to beusing IIS 7, SQL Server 2005/8 and ASP.Net 3.5

To get a more meaningful error message, you may need to activate debugging in the web.config file. By default it is set to OFF (as you would expect for a production ready system), but it does log errors to the database (the end user does not see the errors).

Do you have access to your database? If so, have a look in the log table. All errors will be recorded there. Alternatively, make the required change to your web.config to allow verbose error messages to be displayed.

However, this does not look to be nopCommerce related. It looks to be more IIS/Properties or Permissions related. Have a look at the following for assistance:

Disable IE friendly error msgs.
HOW TO: Troubleshoot an "HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error" Error Message
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=311766

Regards,
Andrew
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.