nopCommerce v2.00 released

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Andrei

Thank you for the prompt resonse.
After looking in global.asax.cs I thinking that /install/index.html no longer required.

I now think problem involved a  asp.net setup error.

Opening then gave
"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time. "

This is the result asp.net target framework error , which I have now fixed and I now have the Installation page up.
Thank you for your assistance.

Regards
Steve
12 years ago
Steve.AU wrote:
Opennng the site now gives
"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.

Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time. "

Find more info here
P.S. I think you should better create a new topic about installation issues here.
12 years ago
Great work. Could anyone answer these questions:

1. Do we need to buy the Telerik MVC Extensions once the Nop goes online?

2. Currently, it supports Entity Framework ORM. Does it support NHibernate too? If not, is there any one in the Nop community to do it for us?

3. Witnessed TODOs at several places in the source code. How shall we handle these ToDos, can we expect them to be addressed soon?

The code is very neatly written. The Code-First technique looks amazing.
12 years ago
yahoo wrote:
1. Do we need to buy the Telerik MVC Extensions once the Nop goes online?
2. Currently, it supports Entity Framework ORM. Does it support NHibernate too? If not, is there any one in the Nop community to do it for us?
3. Witnessed TODOs at several places in the source code. How shall we handle these ToDos, can we expect them to be addressed soon?

1. No. It's licensed under OSS license
2. No. But here is a fork that does it.
3. No, they're minor. All of them will addresses sooner or later
12 years ago
Where are the stored procedures in nop2.0.  Their absence is causing parts of the cart to fail.  If you install nop 1.9 the cart allows product variant attributes and pricing.

If you upgrade 1.9 to 2.0 the cart allows variant attributes and pricing.

If you do a fresh install of 2.0, the cart errors out when add to cart is clicked.  Seems something is missing in the 2.0 standalone install.
12 years ago
RickIsWright wrote:
Where are the stored procedures in nop2.0.  Their absence is causing parts of the cart to fail.

There're no stored procedures in 2.00. Entity Framework Code-First doesn't support them

RickIsWright wrote:
If you upgrade 1.9 to 2.0 the cart allows variant attributes and pricing.

If you do a fresh install of 2.0, the cart errors out when add to cart is clicked.  Seems something is missing in the 2.0 standalone install.

Everything works fine. Try it here
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

1. No. It's licensed under OSS license
2. No. But here is a fork that does it.
3. No, they're minor. All of them will addresses sooner or later

Andrey, thx. for the answers.

Paliktar, thx. for the nHibernate implementation. This is what I was looking for. I will port your nHibernate implementation to the current Nop 2.0 version.
12 years ago
Have the speed issues been addressed?

Is anyone running this (locally on dev server) with more than 100,000 products? If so what kind of performance are you getting?

Before I take the time to download would be good to know that its able to cope with a larger site (i have several in the pipeline). So far I've had to build those sites with paid software.

Thanks to all!
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
We are extremely happy to announce the availability of nopCommerce v2.00 for download and upgrade. Visit this page to download the latest version and get involved in the nopCommerce Community.

nopCommerce 2.00 was rewritten from scratch. Our development efforts were focused on moving nopCommerce to ASP.NET MVC 3.0, architecture improvements, further enhancements and fixing bugs. We also decided to don't ship nopCommerce with all that payment modules that were included in the previous versions (about 35 modules). Only some of them are available out of the box. All other payment modules will be available as plugins.

Highlight features:
•  Architecture improvements
•  Moved to ASP.NET MVC 3.0 (Razor syntax)
•  Really pluggable architecture (just drop a plugin to the /plugins folder in your nopCommerce directory)
•  SQL Server Compact support
•  Code-First Development with Entity Framework 4 (data access)
•  More flexible ACL implementation
•  More user-friendly admin area
•  Added unit tests

To see the full list of fixes and changes please visit the release notes page.

Do the old intergrated payment modules availible to the new release as plugin or do i have to make them by my slef?
12 years ago
Folks, what a sterling job. I am so very impressed with the functionality of the store. Thank you.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.