2.0 Local Installation?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi guys,

im trying to get my head around the suggested method of developing with nopcommerce.

so far i get the idea that its best to develop on a local server in VS2010 and then deploy to arvixe.

This as far as im aware would require installation on my local host (mainly to edit the design - can anyone advise on how to run the 2.0 installer on a local host?

also once its installed, and i have edited my pages etc - how do i complie and upload my new version? is there some complier that will make the installer install my edited store?

any help would be appricitaed - im trying to evaluate nopCommerce to see if its something im interested in using commercially, but reliable local host editing is something i very much require :)

Thanks in advance
12 years ago
Hi,

To install nopCommerce 2.0 on your local machine.

1) Download nopCommerce 2.0 from here

2) Open the solution file in Visual Studio 2010

3) In the solution Explorer, look for Nop.Web (It should be inside "Presentation")

4) Right click on Nop.Web and select "Set as Startup Project"

5) Press F5

You should get the installation screen

6) Now on the other side, open SQL Server Management Studio - I am assuming you will be using .\SQLEXPRESS

Create a blank database using SSMS and let's say you name it as "mynop20".

7) Now go back to your nop Installation screen and enter the required credentials like

email: [email protected]
password: admin

create sample data: CHECK

Database: mynop20 <-- the name of the blank database that you just created using SSMS

Server Name: .\SQLEXPRESS

SELECT -> "Windows Authentication"

Click on "Install"

If you followed all steps correctly, you should see the nopCommerce website.
12 years ago
Thats brilliant, thanks for that info.

So lets say ive done all that and got it set up and installed on a local host.

when im ready to deploy to a remote host, how do i build the project i have edited so it can be installed on the servers at arvixe?

thanks again
12 years ago
Here is a video tutorial "How to publish v2.0" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E8G0CUh4S8

To transfer files from your computer to hosting server, you can use any FTP program.

Filezilla is a good FTP program: http://filezilla-project.org/
12 years ago
i have this issue when loading the sln file...can anyone shed some light on this?

thank you

"C:\sites\ec01\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj : error  : The project file 'C:\sites\ec01\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

C:\sites\ec01\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj : error  : The project file 'C:\sites\ec01\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation."
12 years ago
Hi there,

think I have solved it now, just installed "asp.net mvc 3" and the tools update.

cheers

vnichu wrote:
i have this issue when loading the sln file...can anyone shed some light on this?

thank you

"C:\sites\ec01\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj : error  : The project file 'C:\sites\ec01\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

C:\sites\ec01\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj : error  : The project file 'C:\sites\ec01\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation."
12 years ago
I have MVC3.0 installed on my computer also, but there is still an error when I run the SLN file via VS 2010.
Here is the printscreen of the page.

http://popolun-002-site1.site4future.com/errormessage.jpg

Please help~
12 years ago
popolun wrote:
I have MVC3.0 installed on my computer also, but there is still an error when I run the SLN file via VS 2010.

Please help~

Solution folders are not supported in web developer express. You'll have to manually add project references back to the solution without using solution folders. There might also be a limit on the number of projects supported within a solution for express editions.
12 years ago
skyler.severns wrote:

Please help~

Solution folders are not supported in web developer express. You'll have to manually add project references back to the solution without using solution folders. There might also be a limit on the number of projects supported within a solution for express editions.

Yay I have to pay 750 bucks just for solution folders, woo.
11 years ago
Is it possible to change from framework 4.0 to 3.5?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.