Deploying from development to godaddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I am using version 1.9. I have been developing my site on my laptop and everything including registration and sending comments works fine. I deployed my site to godaddy by copying ALL my files via filezilla. I also exported the tables and views by management studio data export feature. Then I had to open every stored procedure in managtement studio, copy the create stored procedure text and run it on godaddy server. I did this for all stored procedures and functions that I could find in management studio in my database. But now, when I try to send a comment or register a new user on godaddy server, I get some errors which indicate I am missing some stored procedures. (I am not sure about this tho). What is the best way to get all the stored procedures and function from my local machine to godaddy?
The errors I am getting are:

Sending comments:
Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'LogID', table 'ik6s.dbo.Nop_Log'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.

I am thinking an exception occured that does not exist in nop_log.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'CustomerID', table 'ik6s.dbo.Nop_Customer'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.

I am also having similar problems when I use admin panel to add categories.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'CategoryID', table 'ik6s.dbo.Nop_Category'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
12 years ago
Ok, this won't answer your question, but ...
If you are this early in the process you may want to take your losses and go to a host that is better suited for nopcommerce.
I have been using godaddy with nopcommerce for several years now. I am staying there just because it is too big of a pita to switch to another server - And I have adapted to the shortcomings.
Please be aware, there are a lot of nopcommerce things that don't work with godaddy. Printing invoices, some reports, changing things like the beginning order number (starting with 1 is too low), etc. Godaddy does not allow you the permissions needed to do those things. The service people are very helpful, but it is like trying to carry hay home in a Porsche vs a pickup truck.
Oh, if you search you will find an autoinstaller for nopcommerce at godaddy. It may work better to use that, then upload your site in regular upgrade order. Be sure to move to their net 4.0 server.
12 years ago
I am having the same issue.  Did you resolve it?

Thanks
12 years ago
Move away from goDaddy as fast as you can - that's the best solution!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.