Anyone successful with Godaddy's 1.9 auto upgrade?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Just curious. When I tried it my site crashed (see thread from a couple weeks ago), so I decided to wait to see if someone else successfully used Godaddy's automatic upgrade to 1.9 before trying it again.
12 years ago
Obviously not. Funny.
12 years ago
having issues as well. trying to go from 1.4 to 1.9 - it's been a mess and a nightmare.

executing upgrade.sql against the database explorer they provide is not happening. I also have a marketing site sitting on top of it. Had to change from .Net 3.5 to 4.0 and find everywhere in my web.config on the main site to make the PROPER changes...

Maybe a couple nudges from the kind folks that develop this would help.

Please, and Thanks!
12 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12093/upgrade-from-15-to-19.aspx
12 years ago
Thanks - the video posted was very helpful. I did get one error in the sql script. It was something like IsSender... not a valid column. That was going from 1.4 to 1.5.

But the store opens, so, maybe I can figure it out some time.

Another Issue - upon logging in - I get a machinekey error - can't find anything in the config file pointing to a wrong one.

Any ideas?
12 years ago
Woohoo! I finally got the upgrade to work!

Situation - nop store behind a marketing & info site.

Problem - upgrading from 1.4 (dotNet 3.5) to 1.9 (dotNet 4.0) can be very tedious.

stepped up to 1.6
changed hosting to support dotNet 4.0

***site crash ***

rolled back to 3.5 - front side works - nop does not.

went to boards - found where the upgrade sql scripts reside
called GoDaddy about access to DB through their interface - gave up - found out myself.
stepped up through the upgrades 1.4>1.5>1.6>1.7>1.8>1.9

nop works - front side doesn't

created new empty website in Viz Web Dev Express (config file only)

Copied site files that I wanted to keep into that site folder from old site folder.
Uploaded all files over the old ones.

Voila! Presto! Ala Peanut Butter Sandwiches!! It works. Now I have to fix the layout from the custom one I made to match the front site.

Thanks for the nudge ;)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.