error when executing deploy.bat

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
getting this error when executing deploy.bat

can someone PLEASE help?

Directory "C:\unzip\build\..\Deployable" doesn't exist. Skipping.
         Creating directory "C:\unzip\build\..\Deployable".
         Creating directory "C:\unzip\build\..\Deployable\nop_2.1".
     1>Project "C:\unzip\build\nop.proj" (1) is building "C:\unzip\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj" (24:2) on node 3 (ResolveReferences;_CopyWebApplication target(s)).
    24>c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(483,9): error : The OutputPath property is not set for project 'Nop.Web.csproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='MCD'.  You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project.
    24>Done Building Project "C:\unzip\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj" (ResolveReferences;_CopyWebApplication target(s)) -- FAILED.
     1>Done Building Project "C:\unzip\build\nop.proj" (Deploy target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\unzip\build\nop.proj" (Deploy target) (1) ->
       "C:\unzip\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj" (ResolveReferences;_CopyWebApplication target) (24:2) ->
       (_CheckForInvalidConfigurationAndPlatform target) ->
         c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Microsoft.Common.targets(483,9): error : The OutputPath property is not set for project 'Nop.Web.csproj'.  Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project.  Configuration='Debug'  Platform='MCD'.  You may be seeing this message because you are trying to build a project without a solution file, and have specified a non-default Configuration or Platform that doesn't exist for this project.
12 years ago
See if this helps:

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11588/nopcommerce-21-deploybat-error.aspx
12 years ago
thanks but that didnt help. i am able to get the solution to build in vs but still cant get the deploy.bat to work. i am trying to deploy manually but can't seem to make that work either. just very frustrated. versions prior to 2.0 were very easy compared to the new mvc versions.

does anyone know of a step by step to get the new version set up in iis?
12 years ago
Basically make sure that you have following installed

.Net Framework 4.0
MVC 3.0 Tools update
Entity Framework 4.1.

Then start with a freshly unzipped source files.

Eidt Nop.Web.csproj and Nop.Admin.csproj to change compilation to Release mode as in the previous link.

Run prepare.bat first, then run deploy.bat. It should compile.
12 years ago
I downloaded the Nop2.1 version from CodePlex, but the Nop.Web.csproj is still 2kb, so I cannot modify the configuration from "Debug" to "Release". Any ideas?
12 years ago
Any updates on this ? I too get an error when I run Deploy.bat :(
12 years ago
I re-downloaded Nop2.1 many times and I also have MVC3, VS2010, ASP.NET 4 installed. However, I still cannot install the nop2.1 because of deploying issue. :(
12 years ago
i have the same error as ciwan.. build fails when i start deploy.bat..

when running only prepare.bat is runs smooht, without any error..
runing deploy.bat after always ends with error saying the following:

"D:\_nop_commerce\2.1\nopCommerce_2.10_Source\build\nop.proj" (Deploy ta
rget) (1) ->
"D:\_nop_commerce\2.1\nopCommerce_2.10_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.W
eb.csproj" (ResolveReferences;_CopyWebApplication target) (25:2) ->
(_CopyWebApplicationLegacy target) ->
   C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\WebApplica
tions\Microsoft.WebApplication.targets(131,5): error MSB3021: Unable to
copy file "obj\Debug\Nop.Web.dll" to "D:\_nop_commerce\2.1\nopCommerce_2
.10_Source\build\..\Deployable\nop_2.1\\bin\Nop.Web.dll". Could not find
  file 'obj\Debug\Nop.Web.dll'. [D:\_nop_commerce\2.1\nopCommerce_2.10_So
urce\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj]

any info or help would be apreciated

regards
12 years ago
Hi Sv

I got past the error (thanks to Andrei) and made this video.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks
12 years ago
It helped me;)  Thank you for sharing this!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.