Upgrade to 1.30 gives IndexOutOfRangeException: Signature

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I just copied the new version onto my webserver.  Retained the old connectionstrings.config file, and launced the website.

Now I get this error.
[IndexOutOfRangeException: Signature]

This is the stackTrace.  
  System.Data.ProviderBase.FieldNameLookup.GetOrdinal(String fieldName) +4839010
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.GetOrdinal(String name) +67
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.NopSqlDataHelper.GetString(IDataReader rdr, String columnName) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\NopSqlDataHelper.cs:242
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.CustomerManagement.SQLCustomerProvider.GetCustomerFromReader(IDataReader dataReader) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Customer\SQLCustomerProvider.cs:80
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.DataAccess.CustomerManagement.SQLCustomerProvider.GetCustomerByEmail(String Email) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.DataAccess.SqlServer\Customer\SQLCustomerProvider.cs:448
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.CustomerManagement.CustomerManager.GetCustomerByEmail(String Email) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Customer\CustomerManager.cs:824
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.HttpModules.MembershipHttpModule.Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.HttpModules.MembershipModule\MembershipHttpModule.cs:59
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Can comeone help?
14 years ago
Ok, solved.  What i've done to solve this.

Overwritten the connectionstrings.config with the default file.
Launched the website again, and follow the "install"instructions.

Everything works now flawless.
14 years ago
Had a similar problem. Worked fine when I upgraded on my dev box but forget to re-set the ConnectionStrings file before I FTP'ed it up. D'oh! Looks good now tho.

Thanks for that!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.