Need to install NopCommerce 2.1 on Godaddy

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Hi everyone,

Nopcommerce 2.1 No#1 cms...but,

I have very bad experience installing nopcommerce 2.1 on godaddy.
I need to install nopcommerce 2.1 on godaddy.

Whenever I try to install it says,

The 'SIN2\Iusr_8206993' account is not granted with Modify permission on file 'D:\Hosting\8206993\html\nopcommerce\web.config'. Please configure these permissions.

I already give read & write permissions to the nopcommerce folder, but in godaddy I couldn't give permission to the single file (web.config).

How can I solve this problem?

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Sharafudeen
12 years ago
I have been on godaddy for a few years now. Here is my advice: If you are just at the point of uploading nopcommerce for the first time, run away from godaddy and use a host better designed for nopcommerce. There are many things you will not be able to do because godaddy will not allow you to have the necessary permissions. Even if you lose money go elsewhere before making updates and changes on your site, thus locking you in. The only reason I am staying is because I don't want the headache of changing to a different host. I will eventually, though.
12 years ago
bbells wrote:
I have been on godaddy for a few years now. Here is my advice: If you are just at the point of uploading nopcommerce for the first time, run away from godaddy and use a host better designed for nopcommerce. There are many things you will not be able to do because godaddy will not allow you to have the necessary permissions. Even if you lose money go elsewhere before making updates and changes on your site, thus locking you in. The only reason I am staying is because I don't want the headache of changing to a different host. I will eventually, though.

I have read the same in other threads. Apparently the solution is to move to Arvixe.

We have several sites (version 1.9) running in Arvixe and the problems we have faced is when you need things done manualy by their personel, such as install an account or a certificate. Otherwise everything works fine.
12 years ago
eadameg wrote:
...Apparently the solution is to move to Arvixe.

We have several sites (version 1.9) running in Arvixe and the problems we have faced is when you need things done manualy by their personal, such as install an account or a certificate. Otherwise everything works fine.

I'm not so sure.  I have a small nop 2.1 test site (same size as the demo site) on Arvixe personal class and the site is frequently slow to load, unresponsive and occasionally errors out.  I'm concerned about  putting a live site up on it.  See  this thread: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11357/arvixe-personal-class-or-business-class.aspx?p=1

this: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11228/extremely-long-load-times.aspx?p=4

and this: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/11454/wwwfoldingbeds24couk.aspx

To be fair, at times, the test site performs well, but the inconsistency makes me nervous about Arvixe...
12 years ago
arvixe will be last choice for nop commerce , i think better to try a another company for nop commerce hosting becayse arvixe close your web site many times in day time and site no work 30 minnutes
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.