CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hello,
I'm new to nopCommerce and i've hit a bit of a problem, I have an issue with installing nopCommerce on our live server; after following the online wizard, i choose create a new database then hit next, I get the following error: CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database 'master'.

I have used the wizard inthe past on a different site on the same server and everything worked fine.

Please can some one point me in thee right direction.
Thank you for any help on this
DJV
14 years ago
Hi There

These kind of error messages generally to be exctaly what they say.  I would check the user name/password and try again.  Try logging to the database server using Server Management Studio.  

Your other option is to create the database manually first either using your hosts control panel or by using Server Management Studio once you've created the database you will be able to use it when using the wizard to install nopCommerce.

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Matthew
14 years ago
Matthew,

Thanks for your advice, yes I got round it by creating the database first, then all worked well.

When creating the previous site I just used the wizard to create and it worked fine, just wondered if I was doing something different.

Thanks for your help.
Regards
David
13 years ago
I created a database using Management Studio and I still got this error during the installation:
An error occured: Cannot open database "nopcommerce" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE'.
Running scripts from file: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\nopCommerce\install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createDatabase.sql
13 years ago
I had the same issue about Network Serve without permissions to create or modify an existing database, only for using the Windows Security install selection.

To fix:
1. Login into SQL server or Express, under Security -> Logins check to see if NT Authority\Network Service is listed
2. If not listed add this and be sure to it
3. Make sure you enable the User in the database you are installing to.

After this change it worked for me.

If anyone knows a security issue with these steps please inform.

Thanks,

Justin
3 years ago
If you using windows authentication, you need to be sure that IIS pool, where app is hosted, is targeting the same logged user that you wanna use for creating the DB, and that user has to have all read/write rights for managing that IIS pool, and also the publish folder has to have all rights too. And last think you need to check is to have permission in SQL server for creating DB granted from "sa" user.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.