connction string error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi there,

Just wondered if someone could provide some assitance.

I have been provided the following example connection strings by my new host (Forte Hosting)...

<appSettings>
  <add key="keyName1"
value="Server=IT-15;Database=your_db_name;UID=your_sql_user_id;PWD=your_sql_
password" />
</appSettings>

and

<appSettings>
  <add key="keyName1"
value="Server=216.240.135.117,1850;Database=your_db_name;UID=your_sql_user_i
d;PWD=your_sql_password" />
</appSettings>

But these don't look like the example connection strings that you have provided. I have tried using theirs in the connection strings folder and my data in your example connection - but they both just provide errors and dont allow the site to go to the install pages. However, leave the connection strings blank and they do go to install.

Any ideas on how i should be approaching this one?
14 years ago
Okay, I actually resolved this problem myself :o)

However, new problem.... i installed the sample data and its not displaying the categories down the menu (but they are in the admin area). New products throws a GDI+ error (whatever that is) and then the i cant review the items within the admin area....

any ideas?

Server Error in '/' Application.
A generic error occurred in GDI+.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+.]
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageCodecInfo encoder, EncoderParameters encoderParams) +377630
   System.Drawing.Image.Save(String filename, ImageFormat format) +69
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 TargetSize, Boolean showDefaultPicture) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:283
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Common.Media.PictureManager.GetPictureUrl(Picture picture, Int32 TargetSize) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\Libraries\Nop.Common\Media\PictureManager.cs:120
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.CategoryInfoControl.BindData() in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Administration\Modules\CategoryInfo.ascx.cs:53
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Administration.Modules.CategoryInfoControl.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\Work\Own\NopCommerce\Solution\PublishedSite\Solution\NopCommerceStore\Administration\Modules\CategoryInfo.ascx.cs:88
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.