new design for www.maxivita.ro

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Hi everybody,

Here's a new interface for www.maxivita.ro using custom CSS, less JS and reduced ViewState.
Awaiting your opinions :)

Regards,
jkr
14 years ago
Hey,

I love what you have done with nopCommerce, well and truley displays what can be done with it!!!

How long did it take to create this one?

Cheers

Dave.
14 years ago
Sites looks good.  I ahve some similar in the pipeline which I will share once live.

Can you please give some guide lines on how viewstate was reduced.

Thanks,
Matthew
14 years ago
Hi all,

First of all thanks for your comments.

The redesign took about 2 weeks (or more but with long brakes). I've modified the aspx files (html) to have a tableless design (I use tables where they are needed), wrote the CSS. Basically the UI was done from scratch.

Then came the part where I had to compress the output (html, css, js and viewstate). The HTML was done with VS where I've removed the formatting (most of the controls are on a single line). For the CSS I've used an online css compressor and for the js the script manager knows how to do this. The view state is on all of the controls and you need to add an EnableViewstate = "false" to the main user controls (category navigation, menu, header, footer) or to individual controls (links, labels, a.s.o.).

I still need to add a HTTP compression module because of the web forms.

Regards,
jkr
14 years ago
Love what you've done the site looks good.

A good demonstration of what NopCommerce can offer..

mike..
14 years ago
Thanks,

Indeed nopCommerce is very flexible. You can change the UI easily to suit your needs (I've changed all the markup and CSS for this store) and other code behind modifications can me made with minimum effort because the code is well commented and elegant.

Regards,
jkr
14 years ago
I don't know what any of that computer terminology means in the other posts. But your website has a very nice neat look to it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.