Arvixe Worst web host, Please avoid!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I was with godaddy until I moved my site to Arvixe 2 months ago. Before I switched to them, I email their sales team, my question was "Will Arvixe upgrade nopcommerce?". Their response "Yes, we upgrade nopcommerce for FREE OF CHARGE"
After I transferred everything over to them, I emailed their upgrade team at "[email protected]". I waited 4 days and no response. I tried live chat, but it was not available at the time. I emailed them again, this time they replied and asked for my login credential. I gave it to them and waited another 4 days, again nothing. So I emailed one more time and they asked for my login credential, when I already provided it to them.
I couldn't stand the frustration. I email their [email protected], told them the situation.  This is the reponse I got "We sorry for the misunderstanding, but we charge $40 for upgrading script. They didn't even explain why their sales team promised Free of charge or what the reason for the delay or anything.
Today. they suspended my account for 7 days outstanding payment. They shut down, my website for their own stupid mistake, because I made payment 10 days ago through paypal. Even if I forgot to make payment, shouldn't they warn me with a notice first? Please avoid Arvixe for your own good!
12 years ago
I must say that I have never had any problems with Arvixe until recently. I needed to have an SSL from GoDaddy applied to my site and it took over 30 hours, an escalation, and 5 chat sessions to get it applied. I'm not sure what's going on with them lately, but I liked the way support was before whatever changed.
12 years ago
I'm not here to talk bad about anyone, but I think we all should give our honest experiences with the hosting companies. Anyone here know a good hosting company, please let me know! Appreciated!
12 years ago
toanhnt wrote:
I was with godaddy until I moved my site to Arvixe 2 months ago. Before I switched to them, I email their sales team, my question was "Will Arvixe upgrade nopcommerce?". Their response "Yes, we upgrade nopcommerce for FREE OF CHARGE"
After I transferred everything over to them, I emailed their upgrade team at "[email protected]". I waited 4 days and no response. I tried live chat, but it was not available at the time. I emailed them again, this time they replied and asked for my login credential. I gave it to them and waited another 4 days, again nothing. So I emailed one more time and they asked for my login credential, when I already provided it to them.
I couldn't stand the frustration. I email their [email protected], told them the situation.  This is the reponse I got "We sorry for the misunderstanding, but we charge $40 for upgrading script. They didn't even explain why their sales team promised Free of charge or what the reason for the delay or anything.
Today. they suspended my account for 7 days outstanding payment. They shut down, my website for their own stupid mistake, because I made payment 10 days ago through paypal. Even if I forgot to make payment, shouldn't they warn me with a notice first? Please avoid Arvixe for your own good!

I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding but we do not upgrade nopcommerce free of charge. The individual that gave you the incorrect information has been properly addressed.
12 years ago
SilhouetteBS wrote:
I must say that I have never had any problems with Arvixe until recently. I needed to have an SSL from GoDaddy applied to my site and it took over 30 hours, an escalation, and 5 chat sessions to get it applied. I'm not sure what's going on with them lately, but I liked the way support was before whatever changed.

Some SSL Certificates are more difficult to install and get going. I personally don't believe 2 days is a long time to get a SSL certificate from another provider installed (for free) on shared hosting. We do have our own certificates which we can generally install much faster.
12 years ago
For the SSL case, we would like to expedite that issue (unfortunately, we simply can not upgrade your nopcommerce for you as that is not what we do as a hosting company), please provide the ticket ID and I'll check up on it.
12 years ago
toanhnt wrote:

A bit more digging on our side on this issue outlines that you received this through our ticket system by our sales staff -

The customer heard this from Anthony:
=========================
We support nopCommerce on our ASP.Net hosting plans. We do provide a
free transfer service of just your files. Databases and email accounts
are an extra $5 each to transfer. If the SSL is a shared SSL then it
cannot be transferred. If it is a dedicated SSL then it can be
transferred, we will just need the files that were submitted with it.
You will also need to have our SSL department issue a new CRN for it
once the transfer is complete so that it can be properly installed on
the new account. Typically transfers require 1-3 days to complete.
=========================

I don't see a mention of a free upgrade unless you have a ticket ID for that for me as well. Thanks.
12 years ago
arvand wrote:
Some SSL Certificates are more difficult to install and get going. I personally don't believe 2 days is a long time to get a SSL certificate from another provider installed (for free) on shared hosting. We do have our own certificates which we can generally install much faster.

Arvand, I was able to get the issue escalated and it was installed. I am used to working with GoDaddy and Rackspace. With Rackspace I give them the information for the CSR, I put that information into GoDaddy, GoDaddy lets me download the certificate, in Rackspace I paste the certificate and it is installed. The entire process takes around 30 minutes. It was just a standard certificate, with nothing special.

Like I said though, I have worked with Arvixe on other issues and have never had any complaints. You guys run a great company. I just wasn't very impressed with the installation of the SSL. Thank you for taking the time to respond to the post.
12 years ago
SilhouetteBS wrote:
Arvand, I was able to get the issue escalated and it was installed. I am used to working with GoDaddy and Rackspace. With Rackspace I give them the information for the CSR, I put that information into GoDaddy, GoDaddy lets me download the certificate, in Rackspace I paste the certificate and it is installed. The entire process takes around 30 minutes. It was just a standard certificate, with nothing special.

Like I said though, I have worked with Arvixe on other issues and have never had any complaints. You guys run a great company. I just wasn't very impressed with the installation of the SSL. Thank you for taking the time to respond to the post.

I understand. I simply asked for the ticket ID to see why there was a delay. I understand what you are saying. Unfortunately, we are not rack space. Our plans are priced much lower which means that we have many more customers and support requests per support rep. This is unfortunately the case with any shared provider. But if there is a glitch in the process beyond simply man power, we'd like to address it.
11 years ago
I am with Arvixe to. At the beginning, I found them pretty good (2 months ago. Now, opening a ticket with them is very frustrating.

It takes forever to give a status and when I have a status the answer makes no sense at all.

Do anyone know a good hosting service with good techs ?

I don't like to change supplier, it is a lot of work. Also, I think it is normal that the service is not 100%. Actually,  I feel that I have no choice..

Yves
www.usnautic.com
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.