Parent product groupings

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
I am looking at nopCommerce as a possible platform for my company's use. I have read the documentation and searched the forum but I can't find an answer to this question. Does nopCommerce support a paradigm of parent products or Product / Packtype that are managed independently.

We sell coffee. Each coffee can be sold in varying pack sizes. We want to use 'size' as an attribute but this represents changes in price, weight, shipping costs, etc. The "attribute" functionality appears to only facilitate a pricing change not a shipping and weight change? Even the pricing change wont work if the attribute price changes is a fixed value increase or decrease - which appears to be the case.

Any guidance on this would be helpful in making my final decision.

Thanks,

C.
14 years ago
Hi,

I think the product attributes would be perfect for this.

What I would do is configure the shipping rate computation to either calculate shipping weight by percentage or amount.

Then I would configure a attribute for pack size then add the individual weights you sell . Then you will be able to assign a price and weight value to each pack size attribute value.is will then alter the shipping and the price for you.

I have done a screencast on product attributes, but this will be available next week. I think the screencast will help.

if you need further assistance just ask..

mike..
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.