Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

12 years ago
Before posting the questions, please read the following articles. They describe how to download nopCommerce software, upload it to your server, define the file permissions, and install it on your system. You'll also get information on how to upgrade nopCommerce to the latest version.

Technology & System Requirements
Installing nopCommerce
Upgrading nopCommerce

P.S. This topic is just an announcement about new articles. Please do not post questions here. Please create new topics for new questions about installation or configuration
12 years ago
Regarding topic 3) in Upgrading nopCommerce
3.You have to upgrade stepwise. For example, if your current version is 2.00 and the latest available version is 2.30, then you have to upgrade to 2.10, then to 2.20, and then to 2.30. So download the required upgrade scripts from our Downloads page.
Are there any special instructions when previous version is 1.x?

Regarding the Documentation Page
I would also include something alike the Touble Shooting paragraph of Upgrading nopCommerce with the folowing additions and changes:

Troubleshooting
If you have any questions, you can always search or post a question on our forums.
If when doing advance search you cannot find what you need, , then try a Google search focused into NopCommerce site:
[your search words site:nopcommerce.com]
12 years ago
Thanks!

eadameg wrote:
Are there any special instructions when previous version is 1.x?

No. They're the same as for all versions. Just download the upgrade scripts and follow the instructions in readme.txt file
12 years ago
Any ideas for seamless upgrades? Are there any methods for upgrading/posting changes without bringing the site down?
12 years ago
By the way, version 1.9 takes a long time to compile on the server. Sometimes 15-30 minutes for me. Do the new versions 2.X take less time? Has anyone compared the difference?
12 years ago
Hi NOP land - I am trying to change my logo on the front page. I have asked this question before and lost the link.  Can anyone help. or suggeset

Thanks

Des
12 years ago
Forgot to say - my email address is [email protected]

Thanks

Des
12 years ago
scotjolly wrote:
Hi NOP land - I am trying to change my logo on the front page. I have asked this question before and lost the link.  Can anyone help. or suggeset

Thanks

Des

need to modify on the themes folder,  the file style.css a.logo{background:url(images/logo.gif);display:block;width:225px;height:60px;text-decoration:none;}
for the darkorange, nopclassic if your are using the nop default themes, if you're using nop 2.30
12 years ago
I read the documentatio of the Nocommerce shopping cart and it's not working for me.

can some one help me please. I'm tring the nocommerce shopping cart to use it as a local machine using visual studio.  when I opened the "Nopcommerce.sln" file i get a error message that says "one or more projects in the solution were not loaded correctly".

I tried to build the solution and i get an error message "mvc...does not exist and other 188 errors. I need help as I got stuck in running it from my visual studio 2010 please.

Thank you for your help.
12 years ago
you need to go to http://www.asp.net/mvc and download MVC3 runtime and install it first.
Secondly normally the folder cannot be loaded problem comes if you are using VS Express edition but in your case its the problem of MVC3 not being installed.