Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

12 years ago
This is what I get when I try to install to my remote server. Can anyone help me out here?

Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 399
12 years ago
pdearing wrote:
Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it

The error is self-describing. Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it.
12 years ago
I have installed the database with success the very first time.
When redirected to the home page I get a browser error.
The log table records has the following error which happens every time I try to run the app from VS 2010 in debug mode:  

Path '/Views/Home/Index.cshtml' was not found. when run the project from VIsual Studio 2010.
12 years ago
hi, i installed the nopCommerce 2.4, it dosnt work on my plat form.
i used to use VS 2008, but because of this , i installedVS 2010, but it doesnt work yet.

when i open the sln file in output window i have this error:
F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj : error  : The project file 'F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj : error  : The project file 'F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

i couldnt find nop.web.dll and nop.admin.dll
these classes are empty in my solution!
what should i do, please help me.
12 years ago
In Version 2.3 I was able to add "Html.AddTitleParts("My home page custom title");" in views/home/index.cshtml however after upgrading to Version 2.4 it does not have an effect. Any idea how to add a custom title to the default page?
12 years ago
Hi.
I am trying to install 2.4  without source on a windows 7 ultimate box, but it keeps saying
"The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory" once i fire the url of my installation.

AM not very familiar with MVC, so i thought it was missing something from it; installed the 3.5 mvc runtime but the problem persists. WHat should i do?
12 years ago
there is nobody to answer our questions!! :(
12 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
there is nobody to answer our questions!! :(

I managed to get it working.

I had installed MVC runtime but this is windows, so i ran aspnet_regiis -i from the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 folder.

I had to start installation from <mysite>/views/install/index.aspx.
It gave me some error about some account not having perms to the folder, so i gave it and that was about it.

What problem are you facing? maybe we can help each other
12 years ago
thanks for your attention.
my big deal is taht ,there is no ""aspx"" file in all of my project, i re download the project for some times, but there is no aspx or the problem is same.

my project cant configure the cshtml files.
i dont know what should i do!

inow i use the 1.3 version of nopcommerce, i want to install the higher version, what do you suggest me to have a shopping web site?!!
12 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

...The project type is not supported by this installation.

F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj : error  : The project file 'F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj' cannot be opened...

You need to install MVC3 from
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=1491
Install AspNetMVC3ToolsUpdateSetup.exe