Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

8 years ago
I tried what you suggested but I unfortunately didn't get very far.
I opened Nop.Commerce.sin in Visual Studio.
I completed the nopCommerce Installation fields (electing to use Built-In data Storage) and returned to Visual Studio.
I then located Nop.Web and started debugging.
All appeared to be going fine with no errors until the following error appeared...

Managed Debugging Assistant 'LoaderLock' has detected a problem in 'C:\Program Files\IIS Express\iisexpress.exe'.

I am persevering but I just keep running into different problems, one after the other.
Forgive my pessimism but I'm beginning to think that this is never going to work out for me when I so need it to.

So here I am again maybe for the last time, seeking much needed help and guidance in getting my project started.

Your help will be more than gratefully received and very much appreciated.

Nigel
8 years ago
inkey69 wrote:
I tried what you suggested but I unfortunately didn't get very far.
I opened Nop.Commerce.sin in Visual Studio.
I completed the nopCommerce Installation fields (electing to use Built-In data Storage) and returned to Visual Studio.
I then located Nop.Web and started debugging.
All appeared to be going fine with no errors until the following error appeared...

Managed Debugging Assistant 'LoaderLock' has detected a problem in 'C:\Program Files\IIS Express\iisexpress.exe'.

I am persevering but I just keep running into different problems, one after the other.
Forgive my pessimism but I'm beginning to think that this is never going to work out for me when I so need it to.

So here I am again maybe for the last time, seeking much needed help and guidance in getting my project started.

Your help will be more than gratefully received and very much appreciated.

Nigel

Sometimes getting a different error message is a good thing... ;)

Ok, so just to review:

1) Your system is completely updated.   Latest service packs, latest .Net, everything.
2) Have you restarted your system lately?    If not do so.

Here is a bit of info on that error.  Although no silver bullet for solving the probem:
8 years ago
I'll give that a go to see if it helps and update my post with any results.
Thank you for your help and such a speedy response to my post.

Nigel
8 years ago
Ok, after opening nopCommerce.sin with Visual Studio and completing the nopCommerce installion fields, can anybody tell me what my next and subsequent steps are please?

I really need this to work for me.
Many thanks in advance,

Nigel
8 years ago
inkey69 wrote:
Ok, after opening nopCommerce.sin with Visual Studio and completing the nopCommerce installion fields, can anybody tell me what my next and subsequent steps are please?

I really need this to work for me.
Many thanks in advance,

Nigel

So, you have a working web interface now?
8 years ago
I'm brand new to NopCommerce so please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly do you mean by that and how would I proceed to find out if I have or not?

My apologies...

Nigel
8 years ago
Hey Guys, Please advise me of my 'Next Step'...

I have opened nopCommerce.sln in Visual Studio - and all seemed to go OK.
From the top menu items I clicked 'Build' then clicked 'Build Nop.Web' from the dopdown menu - all OK.
I then clicked 'Publish Nop.Web' from the same dropdown menu - all OK.
(published to my 'Local Disk (C:) - all OK).

I opened the folder on my Local Disk (C:) which now contains the following:

App_Data
bin
Content
Scripts
Themes
Views
ErrorPage.htm
favicon.ico
FileNotFound.htm
Global.asax
license.txt
Web.config

Is there anything missing ?
Is the contents of my published folder supposed to look like this ?

I have not been presented with a new nopCommerce installation page for me to fill in yet...

"What should my very next and subsequent steps now be from this stage" ???

Any help from you guys will be warmly welcomed and very much appreciated,
So a very many thanks in advance...

Nigel
8 years ago
We're upgrading from nopcommerce 3.1 to 3.6. I'm new to nopcommerce, so please bear with me if I ask newbie questions ;) We use the Content Urls scheduler (under Configuration > Content Urls > Content Urls schedules) in version 3.1. It seems to have been phased out in version 3.6. Or has this been moved to a different area of the admin interface? Is it a plugin that we need to install in 3.6?

Thanks in advance,
Linda
8 years ago
Instructions page is throwing a 502 error

https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/79/installing-nopcommerce.aspx
8 years ago
RCC wrote:
Instructions page is throwing a 502 error

https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/79/installing-nopcommerce.aspx

We experienced a temporary issue with our documentation portal. It's already fixed. Please try one more time