Hey Guys, Please advise me of my 'Next Step'...
I have opened nopCommerce.sln in Visual Studio - and all seemed to go OK.
From the top menu items I clicked 'Build' then clicked 'Build Nop.Web' from the dopdown menu - all OK.
I then clicked 'Publish Nop.Web' from the same dropdown menu - all OK.
(published to my 'Local Disk (C:) - all OK).
I opened the folder on my Local Disk (C:) which now contains the following:
Is there anything missing ?
Is the contents of my published folder supposed to look like this ?
I have not been presented with a new nopCommerce installation page for me to fill in yet...
"What should my very next and subsequent steps now be from this stage" ???
Any help from you guys will be warmly welcomed and very much appreciated,
So a very many thanks in advance...
We're upgrading from nopcommerce 3.1 to 3.6. I'm new to nopcommerce, so please bear with me if I ask newbie questions ;) We use the Content Urls scheduler (under Configuration > Content Urls > Content Urls schedules) in version 3.1. It seems to have been phased out in version 3.6. Or has this been moved to a different area of the admin interface? Is it a plugin that we need to install in 3.6?
Thanks in advance,
Instructions page is throwing a 502 error
I've encountered a problem upgrading nopCommerce from 3.60 to 3.70.
Maybe there's a problem with me interpreting the instructions but it reads as following:
(I've skipped to the part where I got confused)
1. Remove all files from the previous version. As you deploy, make sure that the target App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files aren't overwritten, so that the production site continues to point to the production database.
2. Upload the new site files
3. Copy back Settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt files into App_Data directory
This is how I interpreted it:
1. First step is to remove all the files from the ftppath where the site is deployed.
? Leave the two .txt files intact ?
3. Upload (Publish) new version to the FTP path.
4. ? Copy back the .txt files which already have been left there ?
This is how I actually did it:
1. Remove all files from the ftp where the site is deployed.
2. Upload (Publish) new version to the site.
3. Copy back both .txt files so that the site can connect to the database.
I still get an error thought.. and that is why I'm posting this. (And yes.. I've done the whole procedure not this part only).
Do you update database and do you use updated plugin and theme ?
As stated already. I've done all steps and that include running the script on the database.
No, I don't use any plugins.
The reason for me posting in the first place is that I feel that the formulation of the instructions can be improved. That is if I am correct.
I'm reading the instructions yet again and cannot stop to wonder:
1. Get the latest nopCommerce package.
2. Make a backup of everything in your site, including the database. This is extremely important so that you can roll back to a running site no matter what happens during migration.
3. You have to upgrade stepwise. For example, if your current version is 2.00 and the latest available version is 2.30, then you have to upgrade to 2.10, then to 2.20, and then to 2.30. So download the required upgrade scripts from our Downloads page.
4. Once an upgrade script is downloaded, execute it over your database.
5. Remove all files from the previous version. As you deploy, make sure that the target App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files aren't overwritten, so that the production site continues to point to the production database.
6.Upload the new site files
7.Copy back Settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt files into App_Data directory
8. Ensure that everything is OK
Is section 5 only for the purpose of telling the user to remove all files from the previous version in Visual Studio IF you are upgrading from more then one version? Etc. 3.30->3.40->3.50 and so on so forth?
We're back at the point of figuring out if I'm interpreting wrong or right.
Why does the instructions say:
"As you deploy, make sure that the target App_Data\Settings.txt and App_Data\InstalledPlugins.txt files aren't overwritten"
"Copy back Settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt files into App_Data directory"