Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

5 years ago
How i install nopCommerce 4(no source code) without nopCommerce exe file. I am not able to install nopCommerce 4 without nopCommerce exe file and i am not know so please if any one know how to install nopCommerce 4(no source code) without nopcommerce exe file then please helped me.
5 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Before posting the questions, please read the following articles. They describe how to download nopCommerce software, upload it to your server, define the file permissions, and install it on your system. You'll also get information on how to upgrade nopCommerce to the latest version.

Technology & System Requirements
Installing nopCommerce
Upgrading nopCommerce

P.S. This topic is just an announcement about new articles. Please do not post questions here. Please create new topics for new questions about installation or configuration

Hi Guys,

We have prepared a step-by-step guide on how to install nopCommerce.

In the article we discuss two installation methods you can use to set up your nopCommerce store:

1. Automatic nopCommerce installation - This method of installing nopCommerce is very straightforward and takes almost no time. However, it is a viable option only if you do not need to make any changes to the source code. It also entails the use of Microsoft Azure or an ASP.NET hosting provider which provides nopCommerce as part of their control panel.

2. Manual nopCommerce installation - This method of installing nopCommerce is a bit more complex as there are a few additional steps you need to follow. However, for this extra effort, you will get more flexibility and control over your online store.

We hope you will find this information useful.

Nop-Templates.com Team
5 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Before posting the questions, please read the following articles. They describe how to download nopCommerce software, upload it to your server, define the file permissions, and install it on your system. You'll also get information on how to upgrade nopCommerce to the latest version.

Installing nopCommerce
Upgrading nopCommerce

P.S. This topic is just an announcement about new articles. Please do not post questions here. Please create new topics for new questions about installation or configuration

Hi A.M.
Not sure how long this has been an issue but I can't get to any of the docs pages. Have tried most of today from 2 different servers in 2 different US States.

Thanks for your time,
Madison
5 years ago
madisonj wrote:

Installing nopCommerce
Upgrading nopCommerce

Hi A.M.
Not sure how long this has been an issue but I can't get to any of the docs pages. Have tried most of today from 2 different servers in 2 different US States.

Thanks for your time,
Madison

It is working now
5 years ago
nopCommerce is an open-source E-commerce solution based on ASP.NET MVC 4.0 and MS SQL Server 2008 backend Database. It is available under the nopCommerce Public License V3 and officially launched in October 2008 for small to medium-sized businesses. You can also, check http://papersize.co for further information.
5 years ago
scotjolly wrote:
Hi NOP land - I am trying to change my logo on the front page. I have asked this question before and lost the link.  Can anyone help. or suggeset

Thanks

Des

Please update the css style.css file with the logo you want to update:
Like:
.main-header .logo-lg {
    background: url(images/logo.png) no-repeat 50% 50%;
    height: 50px;
}

Here logo.png is the file, you can find at Nop.Web\Themes\DefaultClean\Content\images
5 years ago
Hi,

There is no clear instructions on publishing source 4.1

We have no problem building the website and creating the admin logon and connecting to the database in the setup page http://localhost:15536/ on our Azure VM.

When publishing Nop.Web to IIS v.10 no landing page gets created. When browsing to our default profile URL a page not found error appears.

The configuration setting is set to Release when publishing.

Please assist.
5 years ago
I don't know what happened I have changed my hosting. now I am used VPS with Plesk panel. I have uploaded my all the file new hosting after upload not working here is error An error occurred while starting the application.

here is my log

Application startup exception: Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Bad JSON escape sequence: \M. Path 'DataConnectionString', line 3, position 39.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringIntoBuffer(Char quote)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringValue(ReadType readType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsString()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Nop.Core.Data.DataSettingsManager.LoadSettings(String filePath, Boolean reloadSettings, INopFileProvider fileProvider)
   at Nop.Core.Data.DataSettingsManager.get_DatabaseIsInstalled()
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.AddThemes(IServiceCollection services)
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfiguration configuration)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfiguration configuration)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
crit: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[6]
      Application startup exception
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReaderException: Bad JSON escape sequence: \M. Path 'DataConnectionString', line 3, position 39.
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringIntoBuffer(Char quote)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadStringValue(ReadType readType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ReadAsString()
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonReader.ReadForType(JsonContract contract, Boolean hasConverter)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   at Nop.Core.Data.DataSettingsManager.LoadSettings(String filePath, Boolean reloadSettings, INopFileProvider fileProvider)
   at Nop.Core.Data.DataSettingsManager.get_DatabaseIsInstalled()
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.AddThemes(IServiceCollection services)
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.NopEngine.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfiguration configuration)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfiguration configuration)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.Initialize()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
Hosting environment: Production
Content root path: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\amarebazar.com\httpdocs
Now listening on: http://127.0.0.1:45375
Application started. Press Ctrl+C to shut down.
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://amarebazar.com/  
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 90.6911ms 500 text/html; charset=utf-8
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[1]
      Request starting HTTP/1.1 GET http://amarebazar.com/favicon.ico  
info: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[2]
      Request finished in 0.2305ms 500 text/html; charset=utf-8
4 years ago
I am trying to setup nopCommerce 4.2 beta on Linux. I have installed apache2, dotnet and other basic things on server. I uploaded the nopCommerce 4.2 no source and with source both on server. When I use command dotnet publish or dotnet run on the project it seems like it does not detect the project. The error is:

Couldn't find a project to run. Ensure a project exists in /var/www/html/nopCommerceNoSource, or pass the path to
the project using --project.

Can anyone please guide me on how to setup nopCommerce on Linux.
Thank you.
4 years ago
Google cloud (Windows server 2016 win10)

Hello all. I wonder if someone can help me. (first time using IIS and nopcommerce)
I tried to use noppcomerce 4.1 (package without source code) and set path from IIS website to wwwroot folder. But when I browse website an error occure:

"HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory."

I've added permissions to read/write for IIS_IUSERS.
Use default application pool (.NET 4.0 integrated).