Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

11 years ago
I've done that approach also but still no luck on that.. I even downloaded a new copy from this site (unedited) then clicked the Prepare.bat but still no luck...
11 years ago
the reason that i am doing this is because i have edited the Australia Post plugin.. they deprecated their drc.edeliver API..
11 years ago
Hello all.
I am new to nopCommerce and i have managed to create a decent site for practice. however, when i puplish to my web server (Server 2008 R2) using Web Matrix, it displays the controls on the page, but not the theme.

i have the following installed on the server:
.NET 4
.NET 4.5
asp mvc 2/3/4

i added ".cshtml" exetension as "text/html" in MIME types but i am still not getting the theme to load. i am stumped, any guidance will be greatly appreciated
11 years ago
Hi,

please help me to run the site using Visual Studio (package with source code).

When i run i have got the following message in method FindClassesOfType

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

innerexception is

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Mvc, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

stacktrace is

at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.AppDomainTypeFinder.FindClassesOfType(Type assignTypeFrom, IEnumerable`1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses) in D:\#sources\nopCommerce_2.65_Source\Libraries\Nop.Core\Infrastructure\AppDomainTypeFinder.cs:line 112

ASP.MVC3 installed properly.

Thanks in advance
11 years ago
I have got same error on 2.70 version
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   at Nop.Core.Infrastructure.AppDomainTypeFinder.FindClassesOfType(Type assignTypeFrom, IEnumerable`1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses) in d:\#Sources\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.70_Source\Libraries\Nop.Core\Infrastructure\AppDomainTypeFinder.cs:line 114

please help
11 years ago
That was very helpful - thanks Babur!
11 years ago
Please can anyone tell me how to install nopcommerce 2.65 with aspx and aspx.cs files (not cshtml)?
11 years ago
Hello,
I know this has been asked before, but I cannot seem to get the answer. I have done the with source code method ( think correctly). I have uploaded the files to the server and have set the permissions to read/write. However, when i go to www.(mystore).com/install/ I am getting a
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

Curiously, the list of folders and files are as follows:

Administration
App_Data
bin
Content
plugins
Scripts
Themes
Views
51Degrees_Mobi
browserCaps
ErrorPage
Filenotfound
Global
License
Web
Web.debug
Web.release

There is no "install" file

What am I missing here? What am I doing wrong?

I see throughout this forum many people (newbies) with this same problem.

By the way, I have also done the method with source code using the Visual Studio to create the Deployable Folder and it produces the same set of Folders and Files ...

Thanks for the help
11 years ago
Hi, I see that you have PMed me but it would be better if we continue here so that others new here can also benefit from it.
First of all nopC is based on MVC(www.asp.net/mvc) in which there are no physical aspx or html files or any folders for the links like /install.
Secondly you should also try the install by using the no-source version as see if that works. It is extremely difficult to know what you did wrong as there can be a million possibilities but if you can outline your steps of deployment me or someone might be able to guide you in the right direction. Just do remember to use a newly created database, delete all previous files on your hosting and also enable .NET 4 Integrated in your website setting and give write permission on all the files.
11 years ago
Method of deployment for NO SOURCE:
I downloaded the RAR file from NOP. With WINRAR I opened the file which put them in a folder which had the following folders and files:

Administration
App_Data
bin
Content
plugins
Scripts
Themes
Views
51Degrees_Mobi
browserCaps
ErrorPage
Filenotfound
Global
License
Web
Web.debug
Web.release

I uploaded these by FTP to the root directory on our Arvixe hosting.

Method for WITH SOURCE CODE:

I download the file from NOP. I opened it with WINRAR. There is a file called NOP.sln highlighted because I have the Visual Studio. I click this file and it opens Visual Studio. It runs a process. Then I click the Prepare.Bat and that runs a process. Then I click Delpoy. Bat and that runs a process and creates a folder called “Deployable”. Within this folder is another folder called NOP_2.80. The files appear identical to the other process.

In Arvixe, I highlight the root directory and change permission (read/write) and include sub-directories, files and folders.
I type www.realdigitalvalues.com/install/ and get the 505 error message.

That is all I know so far.

What do you think?

thanks for the help