NopCommerce v2.30 manual install

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
How can I install manually nopcommerce v2.30?
I need it because my hosting provider don't want to grant me modify permission on root folder.
How can I deal with that? I have tried to download fresh build of nop to hosting and then upload there files settings.txt and plugins.txt with connection string and plugins list but it returns custom exception "We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete." and etc. Help me please.
12 years ago
TheKnyazz wrote:
"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete."

To find out what went wrong you need to turn off the custom errors mode.
1. Open web.config file
2. Find out the following line <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="RemoteOnly">
3. Replace it with <customErrors defaultRedirect="errorpage.htm" mode="Off">
12 years ago
I am want to upgrade my nop2.2 to 2.4, so i am trying to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 frist and getting following error while excuting SQL script..

(113 row(s) affected)
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 363
Invalid object name 'Language'.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 7
Invalid object name 'Setting'.
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Cannot find the object "dbo.Log" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 3
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Line 6
Cannot find the object "dbo.Category" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
Invalid object name 'dbo.Category'.
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
Cannot find the object "dbo.Category" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Line 4
Invalid object name 'dbo.Category'.
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Line 5
Cannot find the object "dbo.Manufacturer" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
Invalid object name 'dbo.Manufacturer'.
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Line 2
Cannot find the object "dbo.Manufacturer" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Line 4
Invalid object name 'dbo.Manufacturer'.
Cannot find the object "dbo.ProductVariant" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Line 3
Cannot find the object "dbo.ProductVariant" because it does not exist or you do not have permissions.

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)

(1 row(s) affected)
Msg 1767, Level 16, State 0, Line 1
Foreign key 'BackInStockSubscription_ProductVariant' references invalid table 'dbo.ProductVariant'.
Msg 1750, Level 16, State 0, Line 1
Could not create constraint. See previous errors.
Msg 1767, Level 16, State 0, Line 1
Foreign key 'BackInStockSubscription_Customer' references invalid table 'dbo.Customer'.
Msg 1750, Level 16, State 0, Line 1
Could not create constraint. See previous errors.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name 'dbo.ProductVariant'.
Msg 4902, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
Invalid object name 'dbo.MessageTemplate'.
Invalid object name 'PermissionRecord'.
Invalid object name 'PermissionRecord'.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 5
Invalid object name 'dbo.PermissionRecord'.
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 4

Any help would be really helpfull..
12 years ago
I switched on the errors and it says that there is
"Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Id', table 'u332215.dbo.Customer'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated."

And there is stack trace
"[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'Id', table 'u332215.dbo.Customer'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
The statement has been terminated.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +2073502
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +5064460
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning() +234
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2275
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +86
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +311
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +987
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
   System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.DynamicUpdateCommand.Execute(UpdateTranslator translator, EntityConnection connection, Dictionary`2 identifierValues, List`1 generatedValues) +8168800
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) +267

[UpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.]
   System.Data.Mapping.Update.Internal.UpdateTranslator.Update(IEntityStateManager stateManager, IEntityAdapter adapter) +389
   System.Data.EntityClient.EntityAdapter.Update(IEntityStateManager entityCache) +163
   System.Data.Objects.ObjectContext.SaveChanges(SaveOptions options) +609
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() +120

[DbUpdateException: An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details.]
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.InternalContext.SaveChanges() +206
   System.Data.Entity.Internal.LazyInternalContext.SaveChanges() +24
   System.Data.Entity.DbContext.SaveChanges() +20
   Nop.Data.EfRepository`1.Insert(T entity) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Data\EfRepository.cs:41
   Nop.Services.Customers.CustomerService.InsertGuestCustomer() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Customers\CustomerService.cs:350
   Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext.GetCurrentCustomer() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\WebWorkContext.cs:117
   Nop.Web.Framework.WebWorkContext.get_CurrentCustomer() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\WebWorkContext.cs:185
   Nop.Web.MvcApplication.SetWorkingCulture() in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs:200
   Nop.Web.MvcApplication.Application_AuthenticateRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs:144
   System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +148
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75"

As I understand it fails some kind of initialization.

To make it clear, to install manually, db which I've created on my local machine(when I succesfully installed nop) and exported to hoster's mssql server.
12 years ago
kakoli wrote:
I am want to upgrade my nop2.2 to 2.4, so i am trying to upgrade from 2.2 to 2.3 frist and getting following error while excuting SQL script..

Please stop duplicating forum topics and posts. And why are you posting it here?
12 years ago
TheKnyazz wrote:
because my hosting provider don't want to grant me modify permission on root folder.

BTW, what version are you using? nopCommerce 2.40 does not require write permission on root directory
12 years ago
Yup, I have discovered that fact some hours ago. V2.40 Really doesn't need modify permission. Thanks a lot for your help!
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Please stop duplicating forum topics and posts. And why are you posting it here?

Sorry for duplicating & posting at various places, i am not getting help, hence thought of driving some ones attention, i have purchased two liences, and wanted to migrate to 2.4 from 2.2, and facing issues while upgrade script to 2.3, I would be greatfull if somebody can throw some light on this..
12 years ago
upgraded to 2.4. used deploy.bat. uploaded files to arvixe vps server. Went to website. Install came up. Installed pointing to my database. Main page actually came up fine.... once. went to log in. Got error.

"We're sorry, an internal error occurred that prevents the request to complete.
Our supporting staff has been notified with this error and will address this issue shortly. We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and for any damage this may cause. You might want to try the same action at later time. "

set "Mode Off' in webconfig. Now I get this. Something to do with the mini shopping cart.
Have tried every suggestion i could find on the internet and the forums here. need help bad.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 75:         <div class="clear">
Line 76:         </div>
Line 77:         @Html.Action("MiniShoppingCart", "ShoppingCart")
Line 78:         <div class="clear">
Line 79:         </div>

Source File: c:\HostingSpaces\rgreen\nyrpcorp.com\wwwroot\Views\Shared\_ColumnsThree.cshtml    Line: 77

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetTaxRate(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Customer customer) in c:\Users\Public\Documents\NYRPCorp\Website\Version 2.3\With Source Code\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:239
   Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Boolean priceIncludesTax, Decimal& taxRate) in c:\Users\Public\Documents\NYRPCorp\Website\Version 2.3\With Source Code\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:324
   Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Decimal& taxRate) in c:\Users\Public\Documents\NYRPCorp\Website\Version 2.3\With Source Code\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:305
   Nop.Services.Orders.OrderTotalCalculationService.GetShoppingCartSubTotal(IList`1 cart, Boolean includingTax, Decimal& discountAmount, Discount& appliedDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithoutDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithDiscount, SortedDictionary`2& taxRates) in c:\Users\Public\Documents\NYRPCorp\Website\Version 2.3\With Source Code\Libraries\Nop.Services\Orders\OrderTotalCalculationService.cs:177
   Nop.Services.Orders.OrderTotalCalculationService.GetShoppingCartSubTotal(IList`1 cart, Boolean includingTax, Decimal& discountAmount, Discount& appliedDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithoutDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithDiscount) in c:\Users\Public\Documents\NYRPCorp\Website\Version 2.3\With Source Code\Libraries\Nop.Services\Orders\OrderTotalCalculationService.cs:136
   Nop.Services.Orders.OrderTotalCalculationService.GetShoppingCartSubTotal(IList`1 cart, Decimal& discountAmount, Discount& appliedDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithoutDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithDiscount) in c:\Users\Public\Documents\NYRPCorp\Website\Version 2.3\With Source Code\Libraries\Nop.Services\Orders\OrderTotalCalculationService.cs:116
   Nop.Web.Controllers.ShoppingCartController.MiniShoppingCart() in c:\Users\Public\Documents\NYRPCorp\Website\Version 2.3\With Source Code\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\ShoppingCartController.cs:1193
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +62
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +188
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +56
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +267
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +20
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +267
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +190
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +329
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +94
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassa.<EndProcessRequest>b__9() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3() +12
   System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap(Func`1 func) +38
   System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap(Action action) +64
   System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +71
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) +1045

[HttpException (0x80004005): Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.]
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) +2998551
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) +77
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +28
   System.Web.HttpServerUtilityWrapper.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) +460
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.Action(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues) +88
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.Action(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName) +11
   ASP._Page_Views_Shared__ColumnsThree_cshtml.Execute() in c:\HostingSpaces\rgreen\nyrpcorp.com\wwwroot\Views\Shared\_ColumnsThree.cshtml:77
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +208
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +89
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +90
   System.Web.WebPages.<>c__DisplayClass7.<RenderPageCore>b__6(TextWriter writer) +103
   System.Web.WebPages.HelperResult.WriteTo(TextWriter writer) +12
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(HelperResult result) +80
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName, Action`1 body) +66
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext() +279
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +98
   System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +199
   System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +107
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +291
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +176
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +329
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +94
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8836913
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184
12 years ago
Add on to above post.
I have a vps server and if I stop and restart the server I can get to the main page. the problem above occurs at login.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.