Version 2.5 Using Check out attributes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
If you use a Check out attribute and you empty your cart, the check out attribute(s) are not automatically cleared. In fact, the only way to clear them is to empty the cart AND close the browsing session.

I use one check out attribute (allowing the customer to choose between Delivery and Signature Verification on USPS shipments). If user skips (or ignores) this attribute, user cannot go back and change, but must instead empty cart, close browsing session and start all over again.
12 years ago
Not sure that I got where the issue is and how to reproduce it. Where exactly a user cannot go back? On what page?
P.S. It would be great if you could record a short screencast on how to reproduce it
12 years ago
ok...I'm not sure what's going on, but it is now working as expected. I'm on a different computer here at home, I'll have to double check this on my work computer.

Ok, for now at least until tomorrow when I can recheck this, ignore it. It could very well be I had a cookie issue or a bad browser load. *sigh*
12 years ago
I have not been able to replicate this on my work computer either.

I think I'm going to chalk it up to a senior moment.
11 years ago
We seem to be witnessing this same issue in version 2.6 as well.

The steps for us to reproduce are:

1. First, create a checkout attribute item in the administration screen.  The attribute can be any type or value.
2. Add a product to the shopping cart.  The checkout attribute will appear.  Select any required value.
3. Click "Checkout."  The checkout attribute is added to the CheckoutAttributes field in the Customers table.
4. Now go to the top navigation and click on the shopping cart link to return to the first shopping cart page.
5. Select the product and remove it from the cart.

At this point, if you check the Customers table, you should see that the CheckoutAttributes field still contains values.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.