Fixed prices, please - instead of currency rates

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Hi there,

Approximately 85% of our web shop/eCommerce clients are in dire need of being able to manually enter individual prices per product reflecting each currency set up in your administration.

osCommerce already has a package/module that can handle exactly that - please take a look at the page below.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4445/page,38

This is exactly the functionality that our clients are asking for. When will this options be available via nopCommerce?

Hopefully soon - thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Tom / InHouse, Denmark
11 years ago
You can vote for this work item here
P.S. Please do not duplicate forum posts/topics
11 years ago
Thank you for your reply. I have now placed my vote.

How many votes are you aiming for before the implementation of this very central and much desired feature becomes a reality?

Adding this functionality would be a *great* help, since most of our clients are requesting this very feature.
11 years ago
There's no certain number of votes required to start working on a task. It's relative to other work items. All I can say now is that we do not plan to implement this functionality in the near time
11 years ago
Perhaps not at this very moment, however, what if I can find 15 - 20 additional co-workers and clients, who would genuinely appreciate and benefit from this features, to vote for it. That should place it around the 'feature Top 10'.

I believe numerous web shop owners would benefit greatly from this feature, furthermore, I can easily find 15 - 25 people within the web dev/eCommerce community who would support this feature. In that particular context, it has been a subject of discussion several times.

Additional votes from real people; that should certainly count for something, if you take your own voting system seriously, correct?  :o)
11 years ago
Right, we do not take voting system seriously because any person can register 20 (or even 1000) new Codeplex accounts and vote for any feature you need and get it in "THE MOST REQUESTED FEATURE". But it makes some sense. There are a lot of other (more important) factors. For example, forum discussions. I always monitor these forums and see all requests and most discussed features (by the way, this feature is almost not discussed or requested on the forums).

As I've already written above we do not plan to implement this functionality in the near time (months). This feature is just not so demanded but requires a lot of work. I also personally think that it's not so important in comparison with some other work items.

P.S. If you really need this feature ASAP and do not wait until it's available out of the box, you can always hire some developers to implement it.

BTW, osCommerce (which you referenced) also does not support this feature out of the box. It's just a contribution =((
11 years ago
Well, thank you for your feedback on the issue.

As we do have a lot of clients requesting this very feature ('fixed product prices per currency'), the right solution for us - on a short term basis - will then be to hire a developer, who already specializes in nopCommerce, to produce this feature/add-on specifically for us.

I am, however, quite surprised that this issue does not get more attention as the current solution ('secondary prices according to fixed currency rates') completely prevents the web shop owners/retailers from applying and utilizing psychological pricing across multiple currencies.

If anyone who reads this is up for the task of developing this feature - or perhaps if you can recommend someone in particular - I would be very interested in hearing from you.

Thank you in advance.
11 years ago
TreeTiger wrote:
or perhaps if you can recommend someone in particular - I would be very interested in hearing from you.

Have a look at the following pages:
Solution partners
Commercial help wanted forums
11 years ago
Just a thought...
Maybe if you requested just a "psychological pricing" option, it might get faster consideration since it would be much easier to implement.  I suspect it would also be a lot easier for the store owner to not have to manually update each product.
11 years ago
Thank you for your feedback and input, AM and NY.

However, the 'fixed product prices per currency' model is a prerequisite for utilizing psychological pricing across multiple currencies.

As this issue currently does not seem to be of great interest to the nopCommerce team, we will most likely contact one of the solution partners.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.