How to configure shipping?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Have new nopCommerce 2.5 installation.   Cannot make USPS shipping work.

Near as I can determine there are 3 areas in the configuration related to shipping:
1.Admin-configuration-settings-shipping settings
             a.  I have “Estimate shipping enabled” checked.   I have entered my country, sta-te and zip code

2.Admin-configuration-shipping-shipping methods
             a.  This only has a name box and description box.  Both are arbitrary values that I can enter anything I want.  I want to support USPS shipping so I just created one called USPS for name and description both.

3.Admin-configuration-shipping-shipping rate computation methods
             a.  Filled this out with the information I received from the USPS.

Here’s my question: How do #2 and #3 relate to each other?

When I look at the shipping estimate for a test product, I can see my shipping methods specified in #2.  I can add/delete items and the estimate box will reflect my changes.  But the estimates are always zero!   Since my only options on the shipping methods screen are NAME and DESCRIPTION – how do I tell nopCommerce to use the rate computation method I configured in #3??
11 years ago
If you are only using USPS, then you don't use #2 (shipping methods).  Shipping Methods &  Shipping Methods Restrictions are only used by the "internal" shipping rate computations (Fixed Rate, By Weight, By Total), not "external" rate computations (e.g. USPS, FedEx, etc.)

If only using USPS, then on Shipping Rate Computation Methods, be sure that USPS is the only one with Is Active checked.  (You can use multiple external methods, but can only use one internal method;  you can also use one internal with multiple external).

Also, if you need to exclude shipping to certain Countries, then use Admin > Configuration > Countries > Edit  > Allows Shipping = false
11 years ago
Understood.  That fixed me.   Thank you for the fast reply!
11 years ago
I've got a 2.4 installation and am trying to get the USPS API working also.

I'm getting a remote server returned 405 method not supported error at checkout.

I have completed the admin/configure/USPS with the info from USPS.

I have verified that the USPS has moved my account to the active server.

Is this API working in 2.4 or do I need to upgrade the API or NOP to the new versions?

Or is there something I'm missing?

My log indicates:

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (405) Method Not Allowed. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at Nop.Plugin.Shipping.USPS.USPSComputationMethod.DoRequest(String url, String requestString) at Nop.Plugin.Shipping.USPS.USPSComputationMethod.GetShippingOptions(GetShippingOptionRequest getShippingOptionRequest) at Nop.Services.Shipping.ShippingService.GetShippingOptions(IList`1 cart, Address shippingAddress, String allowedShippingRateComputationMethodSystemName) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Shipping\ShippingService.cs:line 334 at Nop.Web.Controllers.CheckoutController.PrepareShippingMethodModel(IList`1 cart) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CheckoutController.cs:line 178 at Nop.Web.Controllers.CheckoutController.OpcSaveShipping(FormCollection form) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CheckoutController.cs:line 1058
11 years ago
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/4804/usps-api-getting-error-405.aspx
11 years ago
Thanks a bunch! Works like a dream once you have the correct link from the Postal service. That's some customer service they have.
10 years ago
Good evening.  Unfortunately, you have a newbie here with NOP.  
I have a similar situation as below but I want to have UPS, USPS and Pickup.  I can't grasp this for some reason.
Currently, Shipping Methods, 2 options.  Pickup and Ground
Shipping Restrictions, All checked but United States.
Shipping Rate Computation, Fixed Rate Shipping and Active, UPS, Not Active (all settings in place such as account etc. & finally USPS, Not Active and (all setting in place such as account etc.

When I go to a check out page for shipping. I only see the 2 modes Pick up and Ground, but there is no calcuations taking place.  I was hoping to see, Pickup, USPS and UPS and obviously, see rates for those ground shipments.

Again, I just can't seem to grasp what my issue is.  I would truly appreciate you true NOP hero's assistance and promise to assist anyone that I can in the future.

Thanks
mg
10 years ago
The "Shipping Methods" (e.g. "Pickup and Ground") are only used by the "internal" shipping rate calc methods (Fixed, ByWeight).  The "external" (carrier) rate calcs don't use them. (Same for restrictions.)

Remove the Ground method, and then make Active both USPS and UPS.  Be sure to check off the desired "Carrier Services" for USPS and UPS on their config pages.  Then, all three rate calc methods will return results, and the customer will see them all.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.