nopCommerce Site Behaving Extremely Slow

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
When accessing any page on the nopCommerce site, it loads the header and menus but the body/content takes about 10-15 seconds to load. Perhaps the database transaction log is full? The site used to be much faster. Is anyone else experiencing this?
11 years ago
It works quite fast (from Russia). Is it still slow from your computer?

Does anybody else experience this issue?
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
It works quite fast (from Russia). Is it still slow from your computer?

Does anybody else experience this issue?

I havent experienced that
11 years ago
Yes, sometimes it takes over 30 seconds for each page to load, but other website pages are loading fast. I'm investigating the issue
11 years ago
working fine in uk, less then 2 sec for hp
11 years ago
It is still behaving unacceptably slow (>=10 seconds to get past the header). See screenshot below:

Screen Shot

Please fix! It makes it hard for me to contribute.

P.S. I'm using a Windows Enterprise Server (64-bit SP2) machine with 12 GB RAM, Intel Core i7 CPU Processor
11 years ago
Please try one more time and let me know whether it works fine now
11 years ago
It works great now! What fixed it?
11 years ago
breakskater wrote:
It works great now! What fixed it?

I simply removed "like" buttons beside the header menu (facebook, G+, twitter). They referenced several third-party java-script scripts (hosted on facebook, twitter, G+ servers). Weird that you could not load them.

P.S. Simply replaced them with lightweight links to the appropriate social pages (have a look at the left bottom corner)
11 years ago
Okay. That was it! The proxy server is blocking access to Facebook which makes it take longer to load. SkateMob doesn't take that long and I have Like buttons on the product page that reference Facebook and G+ javascript APIs, so something is different. But, at least now you know nopCommerce will run fast on networks that have Facebook blocked. :) If you need any help testing in the future, let me know because we have a lot of sites blocked, especially sites deemed to be "personal pages" sites.

Btw, nopCommerce is running lightning fast now. Where do you have it hosted?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.