Registered users can't see products, but guests can

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Guests can select a category and see the products and order.  That's OK.

But if a person registers, they can see the categories but then when they go to the category page, the products do not display.

I must have configured something incorrectly.  Can you help.

Thanks
11 years ago
Markman1 wrote:
Guests can select a category and see the products and order.  That's OK.

But if a person registers, they can see the categories but then when they go to the category page, the products do not display.

I must have configured something incorrectly.  Can you help.

Thanks

I Registered customer role set to Active? (admin>customer>customer roles
11 years ago
I have various customer categories, but not just one that says "Customer".  All the ones I do have, are set to Active.
11 years ago
Markman1 wrote:
I have various customer categories, but not just one that says "Customer".  All the ones I do have, are set to Active.

Check if customer role "Registered" is set to Active in customer role list. You find it in admin>customers>customer roles as in admin demo
11 years ago
I do not have a "Registered" customer role.  Do I just create one?  And just call it "Registered"?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
11 years ago
my new registering customers cannot see products after they register.  Guest can navigate through categories just fine and see the products,  but registered users can see categories but not products.

I did not have a customer role "Registered".  I added the role "Registered".  looked at one of the new customers and assigned them to Registered and they still could not see products.  Tried to set them up on another and still no products displayed.  

Can you help?  Please.
11 years ago
Check  Admin/Configuration/Access Control List
Is checked Public store. Allow navigation for Registered
11 years ago
When I go to Admin>Configuration>AccessControl  The column headings have my Customer Roles and the left side has only "Manage X, Manage Y".  Nothing that looks like something other than allowing that role to "manage" something.

(remember I am using v 1.8)
11 years ago
Sorry , I can not help with 1.8
11 years ago
Markman1 wrote:

(remember I am using v 1.8)

You should have said that from the begining. In 1.8 go to admin>configuration>globalsettings>other tab and see result checking/unchecking  the "Allow navigation only for registered customers" checkbox to enable navigation only after entering customer login information.
I hope it helps
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.