Best hosting for NopCommerce

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
Juan,

I'm really sorry to hear of your issue; I know how frustrating and heartbreaking losing a customer over technical difficulties outside your control must be.

As I've mentioned, I'm also a customer of Arvixe; I don't get a discount for hosting my VPS there. I will say that because I'm the community liaison here for Arvixe, if you or anyone else is having an issue with support, please reach out to me here directly via PM, and I will fast-track the escalation process for your support issue.

I can testify first-hand that the escalation process works; my mail server had a horrendous spoof attack over the weekend; once the escalation began, they remedied the situation, got my mail server back to rights, and implemented new protocols to help ensure that this won't happen again.

If you feel you really need to find another provider, I respect your business decision. I will say that overall, I've received far better support from Arvixe than most other providers I've used.
11 years ago
Thank you but I gave it more than one shot and the result has been the same.

Why should YOU have to escalate this? Does that mean that every time I have an issue I should come here instead? It sure seems to work a lot better than the Help ticketing system. I posted three notes on my ticket yesterday and got ZERO response. I posted here an hour ago and got a reply to my ticket within 10 minutes. That is not tech support. That is damage control. I guess I can only get help when it becomes a public matter.

I cannot service my customers efficiently with that kind of "support".

I do however appreciate you taking the time to help. Thank you.

So long.

IndigoTea wrote:
Juan,

I'm really sorry to hear of your issue; I know how frustrating and heartbreaking losing a customer over technical difficulties outside your control must be.

As I've mentioned, I'm also a customer of Arvixe; I don't get a discount for hosting my VPS there. I will say that because I'm the community liaison here for Arvixe, if you or anyone else is having an issue with support, please reach out to me here directly via PM, and I will fast-track the escalation process for your support issue.

I can testify first-hand that the escalation process works; my mail server had a horrendous spoof attack over the weekend; once the escalation began, they remedied the situation, got my mail server back to rights, and implemented new protocols to help ensure that this won't happen again.

If you feel you really need to find another provider, I respect your business decision. I will say that overall, I've received far better support from Arvixe than most other providers I've used.
11 years ago
I can understand your perspective.

To give everyone some further understanding of what I do as a community liaison; it's my responsibility to monitor channels outside of regular Arvixe support, in addition to writing monthly articles about ways to use the product (nopCommerce).

This forum is a primary area for me to monitor, to ensure that members of this community have an extra voice, someone who's familiar with the software, and can help separate the "I can't log in" support requests from the ones that really require significant technical intervention. Because I use nopCommerce for my own customers, and have done so for almost 4 years, I'm more familiar with it than most of their technical support staff; that puts me in a unique position to help nopCommerce users leveraging Arvixe.

I also provide the same role for another .Net-based application, so I have an established relationship with ensuring community support. I have almost two decades in the IT industry, thus I have a broad range of experience to base my evaluations on when I escalate issues.

So, to recap: if you are having issues with any aspect of Arvixe & nopCommerce, and you feel your support issue isn't being handled in a timely manner, please feel free to contact me directly via PM, and I will do everything I can to ensure you receive an appropriate level of support.

It's not a matter of being public or not - I simply can't help unless I know there's an issue.

For instance, given Juan's brief description of his issue listed above; my recommendation would be to rename the web.config (temporarily), go back into the control panel, make sure that under "extensions", you've got ".Net Framework 4.0 integrated pipeline" selected, and then restore your web.config -- this is something I've run into several times, as the default is 2.0, which will cause the panel to error out when a 4.0 web app is deployed on the website, and I forget to make sure I've set that extension appropriately.

A first-line support tech doesn't always know that, but because I have the experience, I do.
11 years ago
accuwebhosting works great for me.
11 years ago
Thank you Thrifty34, I will take a look.

thrifty34 wrote:
accuwebhosting works great for me.
11 years ago
Well, add my voice to the list.

Sadly the original request was for recommendations for hosting, and there were 10 to 1 responses of "let us help you" over actual recommendations.

One of my sites has been down since yesterday due to a DB problem.  This is the fourth or fifth same problem in a year and a half.  Specifically, you can't (and never have been able to) restore a DB from the control panel.  Arvixe even killed their knowledge base/Blog info on how to restore.  I could have had the site back up myself if I could.

Tech was contacted via chat, they responded by opening a ticket, an admin mailed me that the restore was in progress, and mailed again that it had been restored.  All within an hour.  Impressive.  Except that I requested the DB be restored to another empty DB as the first one was offline and not accessible.  When I received the email that the DB had been restored, I checked to find the DB empty, and the first one still offline.  I responded asking where did you restore it to?  That was hours ago.

I know Arvixe must be busy, but half my Sunday trying to get a site back up does not pay me, and I have other things to do.

So, I'll ask the same question.  A recommendation for hosting please.

Any responses not on that subject will be ignored.  It's time to move on
11 years ago
Tangopdx wrote:

One of my sites has been down since yesterday due to a DB problem.  This is the fourth or fifth same problem in a year and a half.  Specifically, you can't (and never have been able to) restore a DB from the control panel.  Arvixe even killed their knowledge base/Blog info on how to restore.  I could have had the site back up myself if I could.

Most of the sites I run on my VPS have been installed from restoring a DB via the control panel (from transferring from previous hosting service) - is this through shared hosting? Just trying to identify the issue for future reference...
11 years ago
Hi

with reference to post on Hosting who did you end up hosting your web site with

Kind regards
Peter
11 years ago
I currently have VPS with 1&1 and although their service is good, I will be moving my site to http://www.webwiz.co.uk/

I cannot recommend these guys enough (for UK hosting at least), very cheap, uses the fantastic website control panel & incredible speeds even on the reseller package

http://www.webwiz.co.uk/
11 years ago
This is why people are requesting recommendations for hosting.  Apparently there are no fail-over servers?

And I should be specific in my request.  We are looking for US based hosting.

Thanks.

Hi,

The monitor Products (http://xxxproduct.com) is back up (it was down for 07 hour(s), 30 minute(s) and 24 second(s)).

Cheers From Uptime Robot,

http://www.uptimerobot.com/
http://twitter.com/uptimerobot

And this...

Hello,
We are contacting you today because you currently have an active hosting account on our Dahlia.arvixe.com server. We are currently facing issues with most services on this server. We had contributed this to registry corruption, however after attempting a restore of the registry, the server is still facing issues with starting the majority of the services.
Services affected include HTTPD, MySQL, POP/IMAP, SSH, FTP, etc.
During this outage, access to your websites and email will not be possible. We apologize for this inconvenience and we will continue providing updates as soon as possible via our thread at http://forum.arvixe.com/smf/servernetwork-status/scheduled-reboot-dahlia-arvixe-com-8316/. We appreciate your patience.
We do not believe data loss to be experience here, as we have up to date backups from yesterday, as well as the RAID array and server is fully boot-able.
[i][/i]
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.